Old March 3rd 09, 09:56 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] choice@bixdesignstudio.co.uk is offline

Default parking tickets

I got a parking ticket for not displaying a valid parking permit etc
etc but because I did in fact have a valid perking permit displayed, I
assumed that a mistake had been made and emailed the council
accordingly. The following day I saw a warden giving me another ticket
so I asked what he was doing, he said "you're not displaying a valid
permit", so I showed him the permit displayed on the screen. He then
showed me my expired tax disc and said that the permit wasn't valid
because the tax disc had expired! How devious is that? I had in fact
applied for a tax disc on 10th December allowing plenty of time for it
to get to me before the end of Dec, however, it never arrived and I
forgot all about it. As soon as I was made aware of the actual reason,
I got a duplicate tax disc (FOC) from my local DVLA office.

Old March 3rd 09, 10:14 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
JonquilJan JonquilJan is offline

funny story here about parking tickets.

Many years ago, I was having surgery and my mother parked in the hospital
parking lot - which had meters. Surgery took longer than expected and she
got a parking ticket. I was hospitalized for 2 weeks after the surgery. My
mother continued to come every day - and parked in the same parking lot -
with the parking ticket under the wiper - and she put nothing in the meters.
She never got another ticket in those 2 weeks - and the original ticket cost
was less than feeding the meter would have been. She put the ticket with
the fine in the 'courtesy' box the day she brought me home.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying

Old March 3rd 09, 10:44 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] albundy2@mailinator.com is offline

On Mar 3, 4:14 pm, "JonquilJan" wrote:
funny story here about parking tickets.

Many years ago, I was having surgery and my mother parked in the hospital
parking lot - which had meters. Surgery took longer than expected and she
got a parking ticket. I was hospitalized for 2 weeks after the surgery. My
mother continued to come every day - and parked in the same parking lot -
with the parking ticket under the wiper - and she put nothing in the meters.
She never got another ticket in those 2 weeks - and the original ticket cost
was less than feeding the meter would have been. She put the ticket with
the fine in the 'courtesy' box the day she brought me home.

JonquilJan

And the lesson here folks is that crooks large or petty, have 24/7 to
figure out how to cheat the system.
Thank you for sharing.
Old March 3rd 09, 11:41 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
The Real Bev[_6_] The Real Bev[_6_] is offline

wrote:

On Mar 3, 4:14 pm, "JonquilJan" wrote:
funny story here about parking tickets.

Many years ago, I was having surgery and my mother parked in the hospital
parking lot - which had meters. Surgery took longer than expected and she
got a parking ticket. I was hospitalized for 2 weeks after the surgery. My
mother continued to come every day - and parked in the same parking lot -
with the parking ticket under the wiper - and she put nothing in the meters.
She never got another ticket in those 2 weeks - and the original ticket cost
was less than feeding the meter would have been. She put the ticket with
the fine in the 'courtesy' box the day she brought me home.

Good for your mom! Ignore albundy.

And the lesson here folks is that crooks large or petty, have 24/7 to
figure out how to cheat the system.
Thank you for sharing.

Don't be an ass. Hospitals and medical buildings charge an arm and a leg for
parking because (a) they can influence where on-street parking is prohibited;
(2) you can't choose a doctor with free parking because there aren't any; and
(3) it's a profit center for the docs who, naturally, make you wait an hour
AFTER your appointment time to see you.

Screw 'em when you can, they do it to you!

--
Cheers, Bev
"Arguing on the internet is like running a race in the Special

Old March 4th 09, 07:26 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
MarieD MarieD is offline

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
Don't be an ass. Hospitals and medical buildings charge an arm and a leg
for parking because (a) they can influence where on-street parking is
prohibited; (2) you can't choose a doctor with free parking because there
aren't any; and (3) it's a profit center for the docs who, naturally, make
you wait an hour AFTER your appointment time to see you.

I've never even been to a hospital or medical building where you are charged
for parking. I didn't know they even existed! That's horrible.
Marie

Old March 4th 09, 07:43 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living

MarieD wrote:

"The Real Bev" wrote:
Don't be an ass. Hospitals and medical buildings charge an arm and a leg
for parking because (a) they can influence where on-street parking is
prohibited; (2) you can't choose a doctor with free parking because there
aren't any; and (3) it's a profit center for the docs who, naturally, make
you wait an hour AFTER your appointment time to see you.

I've never even been to a hospital or medical building where you are charged
for parking. I didn't know they even existed! That's horrible.

Worst case: $1 for 20 minutes. Fortunately there WAS on-street parking there
-- that building wasn't in the "medical district". The place I sometimes have
to park (when I can't take my bicycle) is 40 cents for 20 minutes. They do it
because they can get away with it.

There's also no overnight parking in Pasadena -- supposedly for safety and
street-cleaning purposes. BUT you can pay for an exemption if your apartment
house doesn't have enough parking for all the residents or you're having
visitors from out of town. Another profit center.

"First thing let's kill all the meter maids."

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old March 4th 09, 09:07 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Seerialmom Seerialmom is offline

On Mar 3, 12:56*am, wrote:
I got a parking ticket for not displaying a valid parking permit etc
etc but because I did in fact have a valid perking permit displayed, I
assumed that a mistake had been made and emailed the council
accordingly. The following day I saw a warden giving me another ticket
so I asked what he was doing, he said "you're not displaying a valid
permit", so I showed him the permit displayed on the screen. He then
showed me my expired tax disc and said that the permit wasn't valid
because the tax disc had expired! How devious is that? I had in fact
applied for a tax disc on 10th December allowing plenty of time for it
to get to me before the end of Dec, however, it never arrived and I
forgot all about it. As soon as I was made aware of the actual reason,
I got a duplicate tax disc (FOC) from my local DVLA office.

No idea what a "tax disc (FOC)" or "local DVLA office" is. But it
sounds like you probably owe some ticket money.
Old March 5th 09, 03:20 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
h[_6_] h[_6_] is offline

"MarieD" wrote in message
"The Real Bev" wrote in message
Don't be an ass. Hospitals and medical buildings charge an arm and a leg
for parking because (a) they can influence where on-street parking is
prohibited; (2) you can't choose a doctor with free parking because there
aren't any; and (3) it's a profit center for the docs who, naturally,
make you wait an hour AFTER your appointment time to see you.

I've never even been to a hospital or medical building where you are
charged for parking. I didn't know they even existed! That's horrible.
Marie

You're kidding. I've never been to a hospital or medical building where they
DIDN'T charge for parking. They all do, at least the ones I've visited in
NY, NC, MI, and OH. Even the rural ones.