Old June 15th 07, 02:39 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
*Heather-scotgirl* *Heather-scotgirl* is offline

Default The breadmaker thread

I am being given a almost new breadmaker(prima) for free from Freecycle.

so thanks to all the suggestions!

heather xx

Old June 15th 07, 03:05 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Greybeard Greybeard is offline

"*Heather-scotgirl*" wrote in message
I am being given a almost new breadmaker(prima) for free from Freecycle.

so thanks to all the suggestions!

When you've decided you like making bread and enjoy the end results, invest
in a Panasonic SD253 (I think mine is) as recommended here by all breadistii
sp?
You'll then notice the massive difference in quality of the end result.

Good luck, it's great fun, bloody tasty and fresh bread whenever you want
it.

Daz

Old June 15th 07, 03:29 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Paddy Paddy is offline

"*Heather-scotgirl*" wrote in message
I am being given a almost new breadmaker(prima) for free from Freecycle.

so thanks to all the suggestions!

heather xx

I had a Prima ABM6 twin paddle in 2003 and it worked fine but the paddles
wore out very fast adding about 25p per loaf to the running costs. The
trouble was that there was very little keyway on the socket of the paddles.
I reckon they made more money selling replacement paddles and that's why
they were badly designed. Also not very healthy eating when you think of the
amount of aliminium going into the bread.

Mick

Old June 16th 07, 07:51 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot[_33_] Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot[_33_] is offline

*Heather-scotgirl* wrote:
I am being given a almost new breadmaker(prima) for free from
Freecycle.

so thanks to all the suggestions!

heather xx

There ya go, good ol' Freecycle! Brilliant, innit? I've given away loads but
I've also got some freebies you wouldn't believe.

Si

Old June 18th 07, 09:27 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
CherryHintonBlue CherryHintonBlue is offline

Agree with Greybeard, the Panasonic breadmakers are very good indeed,
but if you can find out if breadmaking is for you with a cheap (or
free!) one first, even better. As a follow-up, the SD-253 mentioned
has been discontinued, so there bmay/b be a few bargains to be
had. But if you're going new, the replacement is the SD-255, a
href="http://www.chrisrand.com/panasonic-SD255-breadmaker-bread-
maker/"which I review herea/.

http://www.chrisrand.com/panasonic-S...r-bread-maker/

cheers all
CherryHintonBlue

Old June 22nd 07, 12:01 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
JP[_6_] JP[_6_] is offline

"CherryHintonBlue" wrote in message
ps.com...
Agree with Greybeard, the Panasonic breadmakers are very good indeed,
but if you can find out if breadmaking is for you with a cheap (or
free!) one first, even better. As a follow-up, the SD-253 mentioned
has been discontinued, so there bmay/b be a few bargains to be
had. But if you're going new, the replacement is the SD-255, a
href="http://www.chrisrand.com/panasonic-SD255-breadmaker-bread-
maker/"which I review herea/.

http://www.chrisrand.com/panasonic-S...r-bread-maker/

cheers all