Old March 22nd 04, 03:28 PM
timeOday

Default Do your taxes yet?

On the one hand, I'm frightened by our ballooning budget deficit.

On the other hand, my tax refund this year is pretty big! (Especially
factoring in the child tax credit check the IRS cut me about 6 months ago.)

Anybody else notice whether your refund was bigger or smaller this year?

Old March 22nd 04, 04:41 PM
timeOday

127.0.0.1 wrote:
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:28:26 -0700, timeOday
wrote:

On the one hand, I'm frightened by our ballooning budget deficit.

.
why?

Because our country is quickly going deep into debt. You can spend more
than you make only for so long.

On the other hand, my tax refund this year is pretty big! (Especially
factoring in the child tax credit check the IRS cut me about 6 months ago.)

getting such a large refund is foolish, unless you're trying to help
the government with your interest free loan

My whole post was about how surprisingly large it was due to the tax
cuts. Unless you recompute your taxes and adjust your witholdings every
time they change a tax law throughout the year, the same could happen to
you.

Anybody else notice whether your refund was bigger or smaller this year?

I never get refunds, I always underpay and then pay a small penalty
when filing

Underpaying so you owe money at the end of the year I can understand. I
doubt underpaying so much that you incur the penalty makes a lot of sense.

Old March 22nd 04, 05:57 PM
L. Maurer

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:09:47 -0500, 127.0.0.1 wrote:

getting such a large refund is foolish, unless you're trying to help
the government with your interest free loan

and extacly where have you been in the last year? Most of us had our
deductions set properly at the first of the year, then the law
changed. Posting to this group for the sole purpose of being a jerk
gets your posts sent to the trash. Learn it, live it, love it.

I never get refunds, I always underpay and then pay a small penalty
when filing

Last year I got less than one hundred dollars in refunds, then came
the check for the child in August. Please....... do tell me....... I
have a 10% deduction from my pay. How in the heck could I have
predictied the arrival of that check? If you can do that, there's
money to be made. The world needs a new psychic.

mama

Old March 22nd 04, 09:31 PM
R.White

timeOday wrote in message ...
On the one hand, I'm frightened by our ballooning budget deficit.

On the other hand, my tax refund this year is pretty big! (Especially
factoring in the child tax credit check the IRS cut me about 6 months ago.)

Anybody else notice whether your refund was bigger or smaller this year?

Mine was the same as always as I did my W4's so that I didn't lend any
money to the government.

Old March 22nd 04, 09:35 PM
Andy

timeOday wrote in message ...
On the one hand, I'm frightened by our ballooning budget deficit.

On the other hand, my tax refund this year is pretty big! (Especially
factoring in the child tax credit check the IRS cut me about 6 months ago.)

Anybody else notice whether your refund was bigger or smaller this year?

Put that extra refund in the bank, you will need it and more to cover
the tax increases they will be passing in a few years to pay for
today's tax cuts.

Andy

Old March 23rd 04, 12:57 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article ,
timeOday wrote:

On the one hand, I'm frightened by our ballooning budget deficit.

On the other hand, my tax refund this year is pretty big! (Especially
factoring in the child tax credit check the IRS cut me about 6 months ago.)

Keep in mind that the big refund you received this year will eventually
be offset by higher taxes later on, in order to pay off the huged
deficit and fix Bush's broken promise of not touching the social
security trust fund.

Anybody else notice whether your refund was bigger or smaller this year?

I haven't looked yet.