Old March 22nd 18, 02:29 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default Anybody here?

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 23:14:04 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

Leeks might be nice. Somebody gave me some maybe 40 years ago, and I
keep thinking I should plant some...

One nice thing about leeks is, if you don't get around to harvesting
some of them for eating, they produce really cool flowers.

Dennis (evil)
--
I'm a hands-on, footloose, knee-jerk head case. -George Carlin

Old March 22nd 18, 03:40 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
The Real Bev[_6_] The Real Bev[_6_] is offline

wrote:

Leeks might be nice. Somebody gave me some maybe 40 years ago, and I
keep thinking I should plant some...

One nice thing about leeks is, if you don't get around to harvesting
some of them for eating, they produce really cool flowers.

So do all onion-variants. The guy who gave me the leek said that if you
just cut it off at ground level it will produce more little leeks from
the roots. If I ever plant any I'll remember that.

Juat got back from a 3-day marathon to Antelope Canyon, Zion and Kolob.
Gas in Las Vegas. Antelope is wonderful, but it's filled with people :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
"This software is as user-friendly as a cornered rat!"