Old June 6th 06, 11:36 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Kevster

Default Free mobile and phone and FREE 12 MONTH CONTRACT(!) 1000mins/month off-peak

I got sent an email from the "OneStopPhoneShop" yesterday advertising a
free phone and free 12 month contract (by rebate) with 1000mins of
off-peak calls/m to landlines.
No catch - I guess they are just hoping you make calls to mobiles or
daytime calls. If you are disciplined it looks really free, and they
have a couple of nice phones on the deal - the Sony Ericcson K750i
which is basically the flashy orange coloured W800 without the branding
I think. I signed up for one.

Take a look:
http://www.onestopphoneshop.co.uk/

If you sign-up (and why wouldn't you!???), please quote my name and
postcode as the referer:
Kevin Aires GU21 2EZ

as apparently I get some commission

Many thanks and happy dialing!

Old June 6th 06, 12:21 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
SM

So "someone" sent you some spam and you responded. Good luck to you.

Is it not a BARGAIN.......??????

He's letting others know about it, so why the attitude

Tosser

Old June 6th 06, 01:34 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Kevster

Thanks for the backup I don't usually reply to spam, but it looked
a good deal and on close inspection it is. This is a reseller and your
stuff actually gets routed through the carphone warehouse who also have
some similar deals, but this site is better cos the phones are better.

Kevin

Old June 6th 06, 02:25 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Autolycus

"Kevster" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the backup I don't usually reply to spam, but it looked
a good deal and on close inspection it is. This is a reseller and
your
stuff actually gets routed through the carphone warehouse who also
have
some similar deals, but this site is better cos the phones are better.

Oh dear.

Where do we begin? Google (groups) onestopphoneshop, or OSPS, and
cashback, and you may spot a few snags. OSPS is part of the CPW group
now, but the attitude of some of the staff still seems firmly rooted in
the bad old days. Sales staff will tell you the first thing that comes
into their heads about delivery times. Emails are routinely
acknowledged then ignored. Referral commissions mysteriously become
subject to new special conditions. Be prepared (as with all cashback
deals) to stick to the absolute letter of their instructions for
cashbacks, and it is essential to use "recorded signed for" as the
minimum delivery service for your claims.

There are plenty of cashback deals out there, some of which will suit
individuals' needs better than this one. Some of the companies offering
them are even flakier, and warn you, if you bother to read the small
print, that they'll do their damnedest to make sure you can't claim
successfully. Through affiliate sites like quidco, you'll collect your
own referral fee, not hand it to a spammer.

Reestit Mutton provides a good comparison and advice service, and you
may choose to reward him for his efforts by using his affiliate links.

Mobileshop have some good cashback deals usually, don't seem to attract
as much criticism as most (apart from one complete nutter who pops up
every time you mention them), they've been going for some years, their
terms aren't too fierce, and they pay well through quidco.

I'm waiting for OSPS's reply to my "County Court claim in 14 days"
letter.

--
Autolycus

Old June 6th 06, 02:54 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Niall Leonard

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:25:23 +0100, "Autolycus"
wrote:

"Kevster" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

You've clearly had a bad experience or several. One of RT's links led
me to OSPS and so far I've had every cashback honoured and even
received a cheque I wasn't expecting at all. And I haven't bothered
with recorded delivery either. Clearly I have been lucky, but one of
the reasons I felt ok about taking on the deal was the fact that OSPS
is owned by Carphone Warehouse, which I doubt will go bust any time
soon (touch wood).

But you do have to be well-organised and conscientious to make sure
you get your cashbacks. I am neither, so I've put reminder dates into
my Outlook calendar, and now I get nagged to apply when a cashback
deadline looms. It's scary to think that they make their money on
these deals from people who just forget...

nl

Old June 6th 06, 03:29 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Maris

wrote:

[...]

Onestopphoneshop are fraudsters, part of a bigger company, CPW, who
are also fraudsters. I never ever received the initial cashback
payment from OSPS, which was supposed to go straight into my account.
Eventually cancelled the DD but, of course, the contract is with '3',
who are chasing me every month. I expect I shall have to take country
court action against OSPS too. What grounds are you suing them on?
Everything you say about them is true, though, including trying to get
hold of anybody in customer services.

Maris

Old June 6th 06, 05:29 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Gizmo

"Niall Leonard" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:25:23 +0100, "Autolycus"
wrote:

"Kevster" wrote in message
groups.com...
[...]

Not sure why people sing the praises of CarPhoneWhorehouse.
I took great delight in issuing 2 county court summonses against them a few
years back.

Personally I wouldnt touch any of the CPW companies

Old June 6th 06, 07:02 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
SM

"milou" wrote in message
On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 10:21:32 GMT, "SM" wrote:

So "someone" sent you some spam and you responded. Good luck to you.

Is it not a BARGAIN.......??????

He's letting others know about it, so why the attitude

abuse snipped

I get email offers of cheap remortgages, how to make $$$$, guaranted
platinum credit cards, shares that will go up next week, free iPods
and many other such BARGAINS.
Give me your valid email address and I will forward all these
fantastic offers to you.

Another Tosser Blocked

Old June 6th 06, 11:06 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Michael Storey

"Kevster" wrote in message
oups.com...
snip
Take a look:
http://www.onestopcrapshop.co.uk/

snip

I've had way too many problems last year when they made an error and refused
to help. Even Carphonewarehouse wanted nothing to do with the problem (and
yes, they own these cowboys!)

I would steer clear!!!

M.

Old June 7th 06, 09:14 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Autolycus

wrote:

Oh dear.

Where do we begin? Google (groups) onestopphoneshop, or OSPS, and
cashback, and you may spot a few snags.

snip

I'm waiting for OSPS's reply to my "County Court claim in 14 days"
letter.

Onestopphoneshop are fraudsters,

I wouldn't say that. Not while I'm being the ultra-reasonable chappy
giving them another fortnight to sort out their administrative
oversight. Who knows what I'll say later?

part of a bigger company, CPW, who
are also fraudsters.

A bit strong.

I never ever received the initial cashback
payment from OSPS, which was supposed to go straight into my account.

Sounds a familiar tale

Eventually cancelled the DD but, of course, the contract is with '3',
who are chasing me every month.

Well yes. Not the cleverest thing for you to have done.

I expect I shall have to take country
court action against OSPS too. What grounds are you suing them on?

Just a simple "you owe me money" claim - no need to get all legal about
it: that's the good thing about the moneyclaim procedure. But I'm
hoping it won't come to that.

Everything you say about them is true,

I'm very careful in these matters.

though, including trying to get
hold of anybody in customer services.

I had my fill of OSPS's idea of telephone customer service just trying
to get a phone, so I now stick to writing things down for them.

--
Autolycus