Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 18th 17, 10:06 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default Tracfone-adding service days?

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 23:17:58 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

On 07/16/2017 04:43 PM, Dennis wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 15:02:46 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

On 07/13/2017 02:21 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:
On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 3:36:50 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:

On 07/13/2017 01:12 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:

I got up to the billing info page without seeing that. I hesitate to
provide such info unless I actually want to buy...

I did add my phone number just to see what they would offer me after
choosing the $19.99 plan. Then it took me to the $49.95 yearly plan
after that I just X'd out of the site.

It recognized neither my home nor cellphone number. I wonder if
T-Mobile cheap-O prepaid doesn't count.

You may need a real Tracfone number before they show you the deal. I
dunno, it worked for me using my wife's Tracfone number.

But I said I wasn't a customer. Surely they wouldn't expect me to have
a Tracfone number.

I just tried it going in the Not A Customer route and giving a
valid-but-not-a-tracfone number. No dice: only minutes cards were
shown and no 365 day service extension offers.

I think the extra service time is purchased online and sent to your
tracfone wirelessly, whereas the minutes increments can be added
online/wirelessly or by buying a physical minutes card and entering
the pin on the keypad.

Maybe you should complain to Carlos. :-)

Dennis (evil)
--
My output is down, my income is up, I take a short position on the long bond and
my revenue stream has its own cash flow. -George Carlin