Old January 28th 08, 04:48 AM posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator is offline

Default Amana Air Command 80 Gas Fired Furnace (4 blinks) troubleshooting

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:45:15 -0500, Bubba wrote:
PSC is Permanent Split Capacitor motor.

May I ask if the permanent split capacitor motor is the top smaller easily
replaced combusion air blower motor ... or if it's the bottom, larger
seemingly harder-to-replace house blower motor?

Donna

Old January 28th 08, 03:00 PM posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 21:28:19 -0800, edbedb wrote:
May I ask if the permanent split capacitor motor is the top smaller easily
replaced combusion air blower motor ... or if it's the bottom, larger
seemingly harder-to-replace house blower motor?

Does anyone know which one it is?
Old January 28th 08, 04:35 PM posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Jeff[_7_] Jeff[_7_] is offline

Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 21:28:19 -0800, edbedb wrote:
May I ask if the permanent split capacitor motor is the top smaller easily
replaced combusion air blower motor ... or if it's the bottom, larger
seemingly harder-to-replace house blower motor?

Does anyone know which one it is?

Who knows?

It's a type of motor.

My guess is that it is the smaller motor that has the smaller
starting torque needs.

Doesn't seem like anyone here is doing anything but enjoying your misery.

Jeff
Old January 28th 08, 04:46 PM posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Jeff[_7_] Jeff[_7_] is offline

Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 09:21:18 -0500, Bubba wrote:
Then call that company and ask what they charge to come out or if they
charge flat rate or hourly.

I called another company, as you advised, and they came out this morning.
They said they'd charge $80 to come out and that would be put toward parts.
They too were not sure what the problem was, but here is verbatim what they
wrote on the sales slip afterward.

Can you help decode this for me? The furnace is working but I think only
because he changed a setting on one of the motors.

I'm not a HVAC repairman, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

The ventilation motor, the one that blows the hot air, tend to be
multiple speed devices. There's usually jumpers somewhere to set that.
It sounds like he reset a jumper to a higher speed.

Here's what he wrote ...

Found PSC Motor Running slow and High Limit kicking out
& re-setting either bad motor or dirty coil.
More than likely coil.
Motor is not hot to touch.

The fact the motor is not hot leads to the motor not being bad. If it
runs and doesn't overheat it's probably OK.

You got a problem using google?

Here is the result for high limit kicking out:

/

Shut it down and clean it out. You've gone this far. Don't let those
wimps stop you. Just make sure you put it back together right!

Jeff
$80

Old January 28th 08, 06:38 PM posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Jeff[_7_] Jeff[_7_] is offline

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Yep; I know.

Exactly what we all love about christians.

Jeff
Old January 29th 08, 02:00 AM posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Jeff[_7_] Jeff[_7_] is offline

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Convert; then you'll know, also.

Sorry, it goes against my beliefs of being nice to others.

Jeff
Old January 29th 08, 06:42 AM posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:46:34 -0500, Jeff wrote:
It sounds like he reset a jumper to a higher speed.

OK. That makes sense. I see a LOT of wires in there. Maybe he moved some
around. I should have taken a before/after photo. I did this time so when
he comes tomorrow I'll have something to show beforehand and after it gets
cleaned.

I never knew this cleaning stuff was so important.

BTW, how much do cleanings cost for most of you?
$400?

And, how often do you do them?

He will be here from 10am to 1Pm he said, so, it can't take longer than 3
hours.

Is this reasonable by normal standards?

Donna
Old November 7th 17, 11:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Brent[_3_] Brent[_3_] is offline

replying to Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coo, Brent wrote:
My furnace has been working great, but today it won’t work at all. I️ am
getting nothing

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ho-703967-.htm

Old November 8th 17, 05:29 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann ItsJoan NotJoann is offline

On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 5:44:06 PM UTC-6, Brent wrote:

replying to Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coo, Brent wrote:

My furnace has been working great, but today it won’t work at all.. I️ am
getting nothing

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ho-703967-.htm

Nine year old thread you are replying to. Oh man, I thought these dummies
from HomeMoanersHub only showed up years later on the home repair group.