Old January 16th 18, 06:49 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
tb[_2_] tb[_2_] is offline

Default Calling Cell Phone Numbers Overseas

I live in the USA and still have an old-fashioned landline to place
calls.

Recently I've started calling my relatives overseas on their cell
phones because they all got rid of their landlines.

The problem is that such calls cost me an arm and a leg. (I use a
company called Primus as my long-distance provider.)

Does anybody have a suggestion as to how I can get the cost of overseas
calls down? PS: Using Skype and other Internet methods is not an
option for me as I am on dialup...

--
tb

Old January 16th 18, 08:11 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann ItsJoan NotJoann is offline

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 12:49:04 PM UTC-6, tb wrote:

I live in the USA and still have an old-fashioned landline to place
calls.

Recently I've started calling my relatives overseas on their cell
phones because they all got rid of their landlines.

The problem is that such calls cost me an arm and a leg. (I use a
company called Primus as my long-distance provider.)

Does anybody have a suggestion as to how I can get the cost of overseas
calls down? PS: Using Skype and other Internet methods is not an
option for me as I am on dialup...

tb

You may have to resort to a cheap cell phone and buy the minute cards
for it. A 60 minute card for TracFone is about $20.

Here's a thought. Instead of you calling them why don't they call
you?

Old January 17th 18, 01:20 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
catalpa catalpa is offline

"tb" wrote in message
I live in the USA and still have an old-fashioned landline to place
calls.

Recently I've started calling my relatives overseas on their cell
phones because they all got rid of their landlines.

The problem is that such calls cost me an arm and a leg. (I use a
company called Primus as my long-distance provider.)

Does anybody have a suggestion as to how I can get the cost of overseas
calls down? PS: Using Skype and other Internet methods is not an
option for me as I am on dialup...

What countries are you calling?

Look at Google Voice international rates. Some are reasonable for mobile
phone calls.

Old January 17th 18, 05:24 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Susan Bugher Susan Bugher is offline

On 1/16/2018 1:49 PM, tb wrote:
I live in the USA and still have an old-fashioned landline to place
calls.

Recently I've started calling my relatives overseas on their cell
phones because they all got rid of their landlines.

The problem is that such calls cost me an arm and a leg. (I use a
company called Primus as my long-distance provider.)

Does anybody have a suggestion as to how I can get the cost of overseas
calls down? PS: Using Skype and other Internet methods is not an
option for me as I am on dialup...

I also have a landline. I use a prepaid "phone card" (dial-around) for
long distance calls and that has worked well for me.There's no
requirement to call.in to keep the card active. Dunno if the
requirements differ from card to card (they have "over 50" on offer). .I
believe there are other web sites that also offer them too.

Prepaid Phone Card Outlet
http://www.prepaidcall.com/home.shtml

Susan