Old September 11th 17, 09:03 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann ItsJoan NotJoann is offline

Default how to get replacement cables for Weider home Gym?

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 11:28:19 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:

On 9/6/2017 11:16 AM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:

On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 9:47:52 PM UTC-5, wrote:

On Saturday, ***December 20, 2008*** at 8:06:21 AM UTC-5, OhioGuy wrote:

I have a Weider System 3 (15922) Cross Trainer home Gym that is
having a problem.

Try
"Tractor Supply Company"

I SERIOUSLY doubt OhioGuy has been hanging around for the last
NINE YEARS waiting on yours or Bob F's reply.

And your are absolutely sure nobody else currently has the same problem?

If they are, they're not here checking a NINE YEAR old thread looking
for an answer.

Old September 12th 17, 12:45 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Bob F Bob F is offline

On 9/11/2017 1:03 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:
On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 11:28:19 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:

On 9/6/2017 11:16 AM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:

On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 9:47:52 PM UTC-5, wrote:

On Saturday, ***December 20, 2008*** at 8:06:21 AM UTC-5, OhioGuy wrote:

I have a Weider System 3 (15922) Cross Trainer home Gym that is
having a problem.

Try
"Tractor Supply Company"

I SERIOUSLY doubt OhioGuy has been hanging around for the last
NINE YEARS waiting on yours or Bob F's reply.

And your are absolutely sure nobody else currently has the same problem?

If they are, they're not here checking a NINE YEAR old thread looking
for an answer.

I have gotten multiple very positive feedback on a post I made many
years after the post. IT was still helping people with the problem.
Old September 14th 17, 10:38 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] Beaver_Fever@live.com is offline

On Monday, September 11, 2017 at 4:47:10 PM UTC-7, Bob F wrote:
[...]

There is something weird going on in alt.true-crime where people intimately involved in crimes that took place during the group's heydey google themselves, find the posts and start participating.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...me/HlXFLdDKUc4

Old November 8th 17, 05:48 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
NeedAlternatives NeedAlternatives is offline

On Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 8:06:21 AM UTC-5, OhioGuy wrote:
The trouble is, the plastic coating is coming off all the cables,
which makes it very difficult to do the exercises. The plastic coming
off and bulging out makes the resistance variable, and sometimes
downright impossible.

I tried searches online for replacement parts, and found that I could
easily spend $60 just replacing one cable with an official part. That
is about what I paid for the whole thing.

Thank you for the original post and keeping this thread alive. Here I am after 9 years .. this is one of the most useful post on Internet.

I have the same problem. Weider Gym cable broke. Weider wants ~ $95 for EACH of four cables! Total ~ $ 400. The entire Gym cost about that much! The cables probably cost no more than $25 each but greedy Icon Fitness gets you on parts. Aftermarket third party sellers charge these exorbitant prices.

I hate to throw away all this equipment (a ton of scrap iron?!) and buy a new for few hundred more over cost of replacement cables ... just because if Icon's extortionary prices for replacement parts.

So here I am looking for sane alternatives. Thanks for all the suggestions. I am going to check these out and post back.

We need more threads like these to break Icon's sleazy pricing. KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE.

Old November 8th 17, 07:51 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Bob F Bob F is offline

On 11/8/2017 9:48 AM, NeedAlternatives wrote:
[...]

A question to ask is whether products are designed for pepetitive
bending around pulleys.

https://www.e-rigging.com/one-eighth...SABEgINYPD_BwE

More generally:
https://www.google.com/search?q=plas...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Old November 8th 17, 11:35 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 11:48:24 AM UTC-6, NeedAlternatives wrote:

On Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 8:06:21 AM UTC-5, OhioGuy wrote:

So here I am looking for sane alternatives. Thanks for all the suggestions. I am going to check these out and post back.

We need more threads like these to break Icon's sleazy pricing. KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE.

By all means, keep this NINE YEAR OLD dead as a door nail thread alive.

Old February 7th 18, 10:29 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] tjkemball@gmail.com is offline

On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 15:35:33 UTC-8, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:
On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 11:48:24 AM UTC-6, NeedAlternatives wrote:

On Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 8:06:21 AM UTC-5, OhioGuy wrote:

So here I am looking for sane alternatives. Thanks for all the suggestions. I am going to check these out and post back.

We need more threads like these to break Icon's sleazy pricing. KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE.

By all means, keep this NINE YEAR OLD dead as a door nail thread alive.

ItsJoan NotJoann - If you don't like the thread, then just don't read it. I am currently having this exact issue and have found this thread very useful - minus the troll commenters of course - absolutely NO-ONE finds those useful! truly, the trolls are the only OLD and sad thing here!!!
Old February 9th 18, 01:52 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 4:29:31 PM UTC-6, TJ Kemball wrote:

ItsJoan NotJoann - If you don't like the thread, then just don't read it. I am currently having this exact issue and have found this thread very useful - minus the troll commenters of course - absolutely NO-ONE finds those useful! truly, the trolls are the only OLD and sad thing here!!!

Troll?? HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!! You're a hoot, I've been posting here for
a looooong time which is more than can be said for you.