Old January 8th 08, 12:13 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
OhioGuy OhioGuy is offline

Default Anybody ever eaten a "Marquez burrito" ?

I have fond memories of stocking up the freezer with the el cheapo Marquez
Burritos. I think they came in color coded wrappers. There was a chili dog
one, a fiery red one, a yellow one that was cheese, a green one - I think
that was it, or maybe one more. Anyway, there was a good selection, and
they were 3 for a dollar.

I'm thinking that I got these at Aldi's for many years.

I went there yesterday, thinking that I would stock up, but they no longer
had them. Instead, they have a "one style fits all" burrito now called Casa
Mamita. It doesn't taste that bad, but I miss having a variety of flavors
to choose from as the mood strikes me. I especially miss the Marquez chili
dog burritos. Evidently Casa Mamita is Aldi's new store brand.

I did several searches online, but all I could find referring to Marquez
were two sources:

1) numerous calorie tables

&

2) http://www.soulcrafts.com/burrito.html

Does anyone out there happen to know who manufactures the Marquez brand of
burritos? I would really like to get on their website and find out if there
are still any grocery stores in the area that carry them. I miss having a
variety to choose from.

Old March 7th 08, 12:41 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] stleo118@yahoo.com is offline

On Jan 8, 7:13*am, "OhioGuy" wrote:
[...]

We have two different kinds in our grocery in Michigan: bean with
cheese and beef with cheese. My husband SERIOUSLY misses the chili
dog burritos too! Have you had any luck tracking them down?
Old March 7th 08, 04:51 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
larry[_2_] larry[_2_] is offline

wrote:
On Jan 8, 7:13 am, "OhioGuy" wrote:

[...]

Just checked the freezer, Marquez wasn't last weeks 3/$1
special - Jose Ole was ;-) But Marquez is a common brand at
Carnival and Krogers, never saw chili dog, but green chili,
red chili, beef and bean(hot/spicy/mild), and bean and
cheese are a few varieties we see locally. They have 10 or
12 packs too, and also enchiladas. Patio is another common
brand. Walmart superstores sell Patio. I think some of those
brands are made by ConAgra, 3/$1. is now a sale price, they
are normally around 40 cents these days.

If Marquez is on sale this weekend, I'll get you the
manufacturer. They are all about the same, not gourmet, but
a quick 3 minute excuse for a no time lunch.

-- larry / dallas

Old March 13th 08, 10:28 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] corneliusrouse@gmail.com is offline

On Mar 7, 12:51*am, larry wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 8, 7:13 am, "OhioGuy" wrote:

[...]

-- larry / dallas- Hide quoted text -

The manufacturer is windor food the same company that makes Jose Ole.
I have been calling them for the last two days in an effort to find
out who sells them and is it possible to order in bulk lol. will post
againwith update as the sales rep is out on business until monday. By
the way ohio guy Oklohoma is the real OU!!!!!!
Old December 13th 14, 06:44 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] pizzojoe64@gmail.com is offline

I am from Cincinnati but live on the west coast now but I do remember and LOVED the chili dog burrito!
That was my go to late night snack. I used to get them at jungle jims, Biggs and meijers. I moved out here about 6 years ago. I was craving those things badly a couple years back so I asked a friend back in Ohio to ship me out a couple boxes but was informed no one had them. I contacted Marquez directly and they said the product was discontinued!
Such a shame, that was a unique product. While it was completely bad for you , it was a guilty pleasure that's now just a memory. I went as far as to write a couple letters to Marquez. Maybe one day they will bring them back.

Old August 9th 15, 06:08 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] joferjeffchannel@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, December 13, 2014 at 12:44:56 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I am from Cincinnati but live on the west coast now but I do remember and LOVED the chili dog burrito!
That was my go to late night snack. I used to get them at jungle jims, Biggs and meijers. I moved out here about 6 years ago. I was craving those things badly a couple years back so I asked a friend back in Ohio to ship me out a couple boxes but was informed no one had them. I contacted Marquez directly and they said the product was discontinued!
Such a shame, that was a unique product. While it was completely bad for you , it was a guilty pleasure that's now just a memory. I went as far as to write a couple letters to Marquez. Maybe one day they will bring them back.

I loved these things as I was eating them since 1989. Every color was awesome but I prefered the regular beef and bean. I havent seen these in years but if I did, id buy them all.
Old January 11th 17, 04:50 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] raymosmookle@gmail.com is offline

On Tuesday, January 8, 2008 at 4:13:35 AM UTC-8, OhioGuy wrote:
[...]

MUCK FIAMI and MUCK INFERIOR SOY PASTE GROSS BURRITOS. I WANT MY MARQUEZ DAMNIT.

I've been looking all over Athens. This sucks.
Old January 6th 18, 03:26 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] baloosmith561@gmail.com is offline

Marquez chimichanga was the bomb...where did it gi. Whie and gold wrapper
Old January 8th 18, 09:50 AM
Rigsby Rigsby is offline
Junior Member

3 for a dollar? That's a great deal. Never seen them sadly. Does anyone know of anything similar at least? I love Mexican food.