Old August 21st 04, 06:13 PM
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

sweetpea wrote:
I would appreciate some help please, with unlocking my Nokia 3310, if
you can help me I would be really grateful TIA

http://www.uniquephones.com/unlock/index.php

Si

Old August 21st 04, 07:19 PM
mtwright6

Try www.unlockme.co.uk

Old August 21st 04, 07:19 PM
mtwright6

Try www.unlockme.co.uk

Old August 22nd 04, 07:57 AM
^A^ngel

Ok dumb question.....
whats an IMEI number?
OK stop laughing.... its only a dumb question when you know the answer and I
dont.

TIA :-)

Chris

Old August 22nd 04, 09:45 AM
Richard Colton

"^A^ngel" wrote in message
Ok dumb question.....
whats an IMEI number?
OK stop laughing.... its only a dumb question when you know the answer and
dont.

Basically, it's the serial number of the phone.

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.uselessinfo.org.uk

Old August 22nd 04, 09:48 AM
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

^A^ngel wrote:
Ok dumb question.....
whats an IMEI number?
OK stop laughing.... its only a dumb question when you know the
answer and I dont.

It's the great big long number (15 digits) either on the box the phone came
in, or somewhere inside the phone itself. There's a code you can type in to
the phone to display it: *#06#

Si

Old August 22nd 04, 09:53 AM
fishpock

In , ^A^ngel wrote:

Ok dumb question.....
whats an IMEI number?
OK stop laughing.... its only a dumb question when you know the
answer and I dont.

International Mobile Equipment Identity, a unique 15 digit number, made
up of:

Digits 1-6: the Type Approval Code. 1-2 are the international dialling
code of the country it was approved in, and 3-6 are the approval number
given by the authority in that country.

Digits 7-8: the Final Assembly code, which tells you the manufacturer.

Digits 9-14: a serial number.

Digit 15: means nothing at present, and is therefore usually 0.

The IMEI is printed on a label inside the phone, and on most phones the
programmed IMEI can be read by typing *#06# - if the two don't match,
you've got a cloned phone.