Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11   Report Post  
Old April 12th 17, 08:25 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] kleingn1@gmail.com is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BargainBanter: Mar 2017
Posts: 2
Default Tracfone-adding service days?

Buy service days

  #12   Report Post  
Old July 12th 17, 09:27 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
drpepper888 drpepper888 is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BargainBanter: Jul 2017
Posts: 1
Default Tracfone-adding service days?

On Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 6:37:23 AM UTC-5, Steve.IA wrote:
I've read here (I think) that one can add service days to a Tracfone
without purchasing more airtime minutes. I've searched the tracfone site
and googled for an answer but can't find a way.
If you know how this can be done, your help will be appreciated.
Thank you for sharing.

Steve


--
"I know that there are people in this world
who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that."
- Tom Lehrer


Actually, there is a cheaper way than has been explained. Shop on the tracfone site and go to airtime basic service plans. Put the cheapest plan in your cart (though it should not matter which one you put in). They will then give you an option for buying a full year of time for $49.95. Delete the first plan you put in the cart!!! The full year for $49.95 will stay in the cart! Buy it. That is what I did today. I had over 3,000 minutes on my cell phone which I only have for emergencies and leave it in my car. I did not need any more time. I only paid $49.95 + tax and got another full year. You do not have to buy more minutes!
  #13   Report Post  
Old July 13th 17, 07:40 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Dennis Dennis is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BargainBanter: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,008
Default Tracfone-adding service days?

On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 13:27:24 -0700 (PDT), drpepper888
wrote:

Actually, there is a cheaper way than has been explained. Shop on the tracfone site and go to airtime basic service plans. Put the cheapest plan in your cart (though it should not matter which one you put in). They will then give you an option for buying a full year of time for $49.95. Delete the first plan you put in the cart!!! The full year for $49.95 will stay in the cart! Buy it. That is what I did today. I had over 3,000 minutes on my cell phone which I only have for emergencies and leave it in my car. I did not need any more time. I only paid $49.95 + tax and got another full year. You do not have to buy more minutes!


Interesting, thanks for the tip.


Dennis (evil)
--
My output is down, my income is up, I take a short position on the long bond and
my revenue stream has its own cash flow. -George Carlin
  #14   Report Post  
Old July 13th 17, 09:12 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann ItsJoan NotJoann is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BargainBanter: Nov 2013
Posts: 109
Default Tracfone-adding service days?

On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 3:27:29 PM UTC-5, drpepper888 wrote:

Actually, there is a cheaper way than has been explained. Shop on the tracfone site and go to airtime basic service plans. Put the cheapest plan in your cart (though it should not matter which one you put in). They will then give you an option for buying a full year of time for $49.95. Delete the first plan you put in the cart!!! The full year for $49.95 will stay in the cart! Buy it. That is what I did today. I had over 3,000 minutes on my cell phone which I only have for emergencies and leave it in my car. I did not need any more time. I only paid $49.95 + tax and got another full year. You do not have to buy more minutes!


That's an excellent tip! I've been on their maintenance plan now
for several years at $6.64 per month but the $49.95 yearly plan is
a MUCH better deal. Thanks!

  #15   Report Post  
Old July 13th 17, 09:36 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
The Real Bev[_6_] The Real Bev[_6_] is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BargainBanter: Dec 2008
Posts: 748
Default Tracfone-adding service days?

On 07/13/2017 01:12 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:
On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 3:27:29 PM UTC-5, drpepper888 wrote:

Actually, there is a cheaper way than has been explained. Shop
on the tracfone site and go to airtime basic service plans. Put
the cheapest plan in your cart (though it should not matter which
one you put in). They will then give you an option for buying a
full year of time for $49.95. Delete the first plan you put in
the cart!!! The full year for $49.95 will stay in the cart! Buy
it. That is what I did today. I had over 3,000 minutes on my
cell phone which I only have for emergencies and leave it in my
car. I did not need any more time. I only paid $49.95 + tax
and got another full year. You do not have to buy more minutes!


I got up to the billing info page without seeing that. I hesitate to
provide such info unless I actually want to buy...

That's an excellent tip! I've been on their maintenance plan now for
several years at $6.64 per month but the $49.95 yearly plan is a MUCH
better deal. Thanks!


Are you happy with coverage, data speed, etc.?

--
Cheers, Bev
It's 95% of the lawyers making the other 5% look bad.


  #16   Report Post  
Old July 13th 17, 10:21 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann ItsJoan NotJoann is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BargainBanter: Nov 2013
Posts: 109
Default Tracfone-adding service days?

On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 3:36:50 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:

On 07/13/2017 01:12 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:

I got up to the billing info page without seeing that. I hesitate to
provide such info unless I actually want to buy...

I did add my phone number just to see what they would offer me after
choosing the $19.99 plan. Then it took me to the $49.95 yearly plan
after that I just X'd out of the site.

That's an excellent tip! I've been on their maintenance plan now for
several years at $6.64 per month but the $49.95 yearly plan is a MUCH
better deal. Thanks!


Are you happy with coverage, data speed, etc.?

Cheers, Bev

I'm like drpepper, I use mine for emergencies only or the rare
occasion that I do have to call someone or need long distance
service as I don't have that service on my home phone. I've
had my phone for several years and just kept accumulating
minutes as I was buying a 60 minute card each month just to
keep service active. On average my phone is turned on twice
a month so I'm no help with data speed. Sorry.

  #17   Report Post  
Old July 13th 17, 11:02 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
The Real Bev[_6_] The Real Bev[_6_] is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BargainBanter: Dec 2008
Posts: 748
Default Tracfone-adding service days?

On 07/13/2017 02:21 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:
On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 3:36:50 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:

On 07/13/2017 01:12 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:

I got up to the billing info page without seeing that. I hesitate to
provide such info unless I actually want to buy...

I did add my phone number just to see what they would offer me after
choosing the $19.99 plan. Then it took me to the $49.95 yearly plan
after that I just X'd out of the site.


It recognized neither my home nor cellphone number. I wonder if
T-Mobile cheap-O prepaid doesn't count.

Going in a different way, I got to the billing page as before :-( Got
brave and fed in semi-real information, but the $49.95 plan didn't show
up -- just the plan I chose plus a couple of bucks for shipping :-(

That's an excellent tip! I've been on their maintenance plan now for
several years at $6.64 per month but the $49.95 yearly plan is a MUCH
better deal. Thanks!


Are you happy with coverage, data speed, etc.?

Cheers, Bev

I'm like drpepper, I use mine for emergencies only or the rare
occasion that I do have to call someone or need long distance
service as I don't have that service on my home phone. I've
had my phone for several years and just kept accumulating
minutes as I was buying a 60 minute card each month just to
keep service active. On average my phone is turned on twice
a month so I'm no help with data speed. Sorry.


--
Cheers, Bev
I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people, I'm just
saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem
sort itself out.

  #18   Report Post  
Old July 14th 17, 05:42 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann ItsJoan NotJoann is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BargainBanter: Nov 2013
Posts: 109
Default Tracfone-adding service days?

On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 5:02:51 PM UTC-

It recognized neither my home nor cellphone number. I wonder if
T-Mobile cheap-O prepaid doesn't count.

I don't know as I've never used T-Mobile.

Going in a different way, I got to the billing page as before :-( Got
brave and fed in semi-real information, but the $49.95 plan didn't show
up -- just the plan I chose plus a couple of bucks for shipping :-(


I found the tab at the bottom of the home page and clicked it on:

SHOP

Then clicked on 'Airtime Service Plans' (scroll down to find this)

Entered my phone number on the page that came up

Clicked "buy" on $9.99/30 minute card which took
me to the $49.99 one year option page.

Then I just X'd out.



  #19   Report Post  
Old July 17th 17, 12:43 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Dennis Dennis is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BargainBanter: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,008
Default Tracfone-adding service days?

On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 15:02:46 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

On 07/13/2017 02:21 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:
On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 3:36:50 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:

On 07/13/2017 01:12 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:

I got up to the billing info page without seeing that. I hesitate to
provide such info unless I actually want to buy...

I did add my phone number just to see what they would offer me after
choosing the $19.99 plan. Then it took me to the $49.95 yearly plan
after that I just X'd out of the site.


It recognized neither my home nor cellphone number. I wonder if
T-Mobile cheap-O prepaid doesn't count.


You may need a real Tracfone number before they show you the deal. I
dunno, it worked for me using my wife's Tracfone number.

Dennis (evil)
--
I'm a hands-on, footloose, knee-jerk head case. -George Carlin
  #20   Report Post  
Old July 17th 17, 07:17 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
The Real Bev[_6_] The Real Bev[_6_] is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BargainBanter: Dec 2008
Posts: 748
Default Tracfone-adding service days?

On 07/16/2017 04:43 PM, Dennis wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 15:02:46 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

On 07/13/2017 02:21 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:
On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 3:36:50 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:

On 07/13/2017 01:12 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:

I got up to the billing info page without seeing that. I hesitate to
provide such info unless I actually want to buy...

I did add my phone number just to see what they would offer me after
choosing the $19.99 plan. Then it took me to the $49.95 yearly plan
after that I just X'd out of the site.


It recognized neither my home nor cellphone number. I wonder if
T-Mobile cheap-O prepaid doesn't count.


You may need a real Tracfone number before they show you the deal. I
dunno, it worked for me using my wife's Tracfone number.


But I said I wasn't a customer. Surely they wouldn't expect me to have
a Tracfone number.


--
Cheers, Bev
This is Usenet. We *are* the trained body for dealing
with psychotics. -- A. Dingley




Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT - Outlook not adding (Intermittent) J-A-K-E UK discounts & bargains 7 January 4th 07 01:49 PM
tracfone prepaid service JoshIII Frugal living 11 February 11th 06 08:56 AM
Adding mineral oil to cologne Anne Frugal living 20 June 30th 04 07:42 PM
drying flowers for adding to tea TomTom Frugal living 10 January 30th 04 08:13 AM
Adding Motor To Bicycle? [email protected] Frugal living 48 October 25th 03 05:49 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 BargainBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Bargains and Discounts"

 

Copyright © 2017