Old April 14th 16, 02:32 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] Wilma6116@gmail.com is offline

Default Coffee grinders

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 5:18:22 AM UTC-7, wrote:
To get that caffeine kick, is it possible W/O a coffee grinder?

Any recommendations?

Coffee enemas.

Old April 15th 16, 02:38 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] hchickpea@hotmail.com is offline

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 12:44:39 -0700, The Real Bev wrote:

Hmph. I thought everybody knew that REAL coffee purists regard the use
of blade grinders as only a smidge above buying canned ground coffee.

I smash my coffee beans with a frozen rock on the seventh day of the month when
giant ardvarks are in mating season to get the best flavor.
Old April 16th 16, 04:42 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 3:44:43 PM UTC-4, The Real Bev wrote:

Hmph. I thought everybody knew that REAL coffee purists regard the use
of blade grinders as only a smidge above buying canned ground coffee.

He didn't say he was a coffee purist. The difference between the cheaper
blade type grinders and the burr type is that with the blade you don't get
uniform size grinds. Some pieces are much larger, others are small. Burr
type produces uniform grinds. I think there have been blind taste tests
that showed the burr type is better. It probably depends on how good the
grinders are too. I'd suspect there is a lot more variation in what comes
out among the blade type than among the burr type.

Old June 16th 16, 10:33 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] ggggg9271@gmail.com is offline

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 2:18:22 AM UTC-10, wrote:
To get that caffeine kick, is it possible W/O a coffee grinder?

Any recommendations?

Do you freeze your beans before grinding?:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/17/sc...rind.html?_r=0
Old June 16th 16, 08:52 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann ItsJoan NotJoann is offline

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 4:33:10 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Do you freeze your beans before grinding?:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/17/sc...rind.html?_r=0

Why would anyone want to do that? Unless you are
going to turn your kitchen into a coffee shop there
is no need to do this. Just keep your whole beans
in an airtight container and grind ONLY WHAT YOU WILL
USE IMMEDIATELY.

Old June 17th 16, 06:28 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] ggggg9271@gmail.com is offline

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 2:18:22 AM UTC-10, wrote:
To get that caffeine kick, is it possible W/O a coffee grinder?

Any recommendations?

For those who like their coffee piping hot:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-he...-idUSKCN0Z10X9