Old March 17th 16, 05:01 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
KenK KenK is offline

Default Call blockers

Anyone found a good call blocker for a regular land line phone with caller
id? I tried a Pro Call Blocker from Amazon but returned it - terrible
instructions, errorful operation. Looked at CPR Call Blocker reviews and
user manual. Seems to handle entry of blocked calls badly - press button
while talking to them or entering the number manually. No saved caller ids
to select from when they hang up on your answering machine as mine usually
do. Email concerning this to CPR went unanswered. Looked at Sentry reviews
and manual - seems to handle callers very rudely. Robonomo seems to be not
taking new users.

Any others I should look at? Any you are thoroughly pleased with?

TIA

Old March 17th 16, 05:43 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] Wilma6116@gmail.com is offline

On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 10:01:20 AM UTC-7, KenK wrote:
Anyone found a good call blocker for a regular land line phone with caller
id? I tried a Pro Call Blocker from Amazon but returned it - terrible
instructions, errorful operation. Looked at CPR Call Blocker reviews and
user manual. Seems to handle entry of blocked calls badly - press button
while talking to them or entering the number manually. No saved caller ids
to select from when they hang up on your answering machine as mine usually
do. Email concerning this to CPR went unanswered. Looked at Sentry reviews
and manual - seems to handle callers very rudely. Robonomo seems to be not
taking new users.

Any others I should look at? Any you are thoroughly pleased with?

TIA

Nope. None work. If there was a technology that worked, the phone companies would offer it.

Just don't answer phone calls from people you don't recognize. If they do trick you into answering the call, then trick them by wasting their time- "Why yes, I am interested in getting lower credit card interest rates. Go on.." Sometimes I will keep the solicitor on for fifteen minutes, get their supervisor on to assist, and hopefully get at least one of them to cry or curse me out with spittle flying while at the same time remaining calm- "why no sir, there seems to be only six numbers on my credit card... Oh wait, this was my old Blockbuster card, whatever happened to Blockbuster, I once saw this wonderful movie starring that really handsome guy, what was his name.... no... not him... oh yes, Ron Jeremy, that's his name."
Old March 17th 16, 07:39 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Susan Bugher Susan Bugher is offline

On 3/17/2016 1:01 PM, KenK wrote:

Anyone found a good call blocker for a regular land line phone with caller
id? SNIP

Signing this petition might help all of us
https://consumersunion.org/end-robocalls/

Susan

Old March 18th 16, 10:56 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann ItsJoan NotJoann is offline

On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 12:01:20 PM UTC-5, KenK wrote:

Anyone found a good call blocker for a regular land line phone with caller
id? I tried a Pro Call Blocker from Amazon but returned it - terrible
instructions, errorful operation. Looked at CPR Call Blocker reviews and
user manual. Seems to handle entry of blocked calls badly - press button
while talking to them or entering the number manually. No saved caller ids
to select from when they hang up on your answering machine as mine usually
do. Email concerning this to CPR went unanswered. Looked at Sentry reviews
and manual - seems to handle callers very rudely. Robonomo seems to be not
taking new users.

Any others I should look at? Any you are thoroughly pleased with?

TIA

I don't know why you had such a terrible time with
the instructions. After reading through them once
it should be easy to set up. Hook the device up,
remove receiver from the hook and follow the
instructions. Ta-da!

I love mine and it has cut down on those aggravating
calls 90%.

Old March 21st 16, 01:47 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
bob haller bob haller is offline

--

HEY rachel is cute. often wondered about that since she is a persistant gal, must of called me 100s of times

the callers can generate any caller iD number they want. just the other day card services caller ID number came up as a local number. i called it, out of service......

Old March 21st 16, 02:33 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
KenK KenK is offline

KenK wrote in
:

Anyone found a good call blocker for a regular land line phone with
caller id? I tried a Pro Call Blocker from Amazon but returned it -
terrible instructions, errorful operation. Looked at CPR Call Blocker
reviews and user manual. Seems to handle entry of blocked calls badly
- press button while talking to them or entering the number manually.
No saved caller ids to select from when they hang up on your answering
machine as mine usually do. Email concerning this to CPR went
unanswered. Looked at Sentry reviews and manual - seems to handle
callers very rudely. Robonomo seems to be not taking new users.

Any others I should look at? Any you are thoroughly pleased with?

TIA

Found another one that looks interesting. Tel-Lynx. Anyone tried this
one? I DLed some reviews from Amazon but haven't had time to read them
yet.

TIA

Old April 4th 16, 06:20 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed[_1_] Rod Speed[_1_] is offline

wrote in message
[...]

Nope. None work.

Some do.

If there was a technology that worked, the phone companies would offer it.

And British Telecom does just that and it works pretty well too.

Just don't answer phone calls from people you don't recognize.

But that approach not only requires you to check who is calling
to see if it is someone you recognise, if say the hospital calls to
say that someone you know has asked them to call you because
that person is dying etc, you won't get that information.

If they do trick you into answering the call,
then trick them by wasting their time-

That just wastes even more of your time.

"Why yes, I am interested in getting lower credit card interest rates.
Go on." Sometimes I will keep the solicitor on for fifteen minutes,
get their supervisor on to assist, and hopefully get at least one of
them to cry or curse me out with spittle flying while at the same
time remaining calm- "why no sir, there seems to be only six
numbers on my credit card... Oh wait, this was my old Blockbuster
card, whatever happened to Blockbuster, I once saw this wonderful
movie starring that really handsome guy, what was his name... no...
not him... oh yes, Ron Jeremy, that's his name."

Ditto.

Old April 5th 16, 10:36 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Nicodemus Nicodemus is offline

KenK wrote in
:

Anyone found a good call blocker for a regular land line phone with
caller id? I tried a Pro Call Blocker from Amazon but returned it -
terrible instructions, errorful operation. Looked at CPR Call Blocker
reviews and user manual. Seems to handle entry of blocked calls badly
- press button while talking to them or entering the number manually.
No saved caller ids to select from when they hang up on your answering
machine as mine usually do. Email concerning this to CPR went
unanswered. Looked at Sentry reviews and manual - seems to handle
callers very rudely. Robonomo seems to be not taking new users.

Any others I should look at? Any you are thoroughly pleased with?

TIA

I am using Sentry, bought from Amazon, works very well, block about 1,000
numbers, on an xfinity line
Old April 9th 16, 09:55 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] itsjoannotjoann@gmail.com is offline

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 2:40:27 PM UTC-7, Nicodemus wrote:

KenK wrote in
:

Anyone found a good call blocker for a regular land line phone with
caller id? I tried a Pro Call Blocker from Amazon but returned it -
terrible instructions, errorful operation.

I am using Sentry, bought from Amazon, works very well, block about 1,000
numbers, on an xfinity line.

Within the last 24 hours I've received 5 calls from an 802
area code purporting to be from the IRS. They are insistent
that I call them back to forestall a lawsuit. I did answer the
first call and of course it was a recorded message and I guess
the reason they are calling back is they got a real human on
the first call. But they were blocked by the Pro Call Blocker
and all I hear is one short ring; when I check the P C Blocker
it's that 802 area code. So YES, indeed the Pro Call Blocker
d o e s work.

Call blockers KenK Frugal living 0 January 7th 16 04:49 PM
Call 18866 dumped call at 08:50, now permanent long-short engaged tone. Jonathan UK discounts & bargains 9 November 22nd 05 01:52 PM
ot bank call...phone call about 3 hrs ago truetrek UK discounts & bargains 12 March 20th 05 12:11 AM
Any good free pop-up blockers? Charlie Farnsbarn Free stuff (UK only) 14 February 21st 04 08:37 PM
Need recommendations for Internet ad blockers [email protected] Frugal living 44 August 18th 03 01:20 PM