Old May 12th 10, 09:50 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-freebies,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default Beware, scammers

On 10/05/2010 00:14 F wrote:

On 09/05/2010 19:34 Adrian C wrote:

Yes, had pretty much the same response years ago when selling my car on
gumtree just over a year ago.

I wonder if your email came form any of mine:

Or
which arrived just now.

Old May 13th 10, 11:19 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-freebies,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

They just keep coming! First it was

and now

Looks like if you're selling a car on Autotrader, this is what you can
expect.

Avoid any offers from these email addresses.

Old May 13th 10, 07:12 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-freebies,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
geoff geoff is offline

In message , F
writes
They just keep coming! First it was

and now

Looks like if you're selling a car on Autotrader, this is what you can
expect.

Avoid any offers from these email addresses.

What's the point of listing throwaway email addresses

The format of the letter is what's important

--
geoff
Old May 13th 10, 07:35 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-freebies,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

On 13/05/2010 19:12 geoff wrote:

In message , F
writes
They just keep coming! First it was

and now

Looks like if you're selling a car on Autotrader, this is what you can
expect.

Avoid any offers from these email addresses.

What's the point of listing throwaway email addresses

To make sure they get enough spam to annoy them (and make me feel
better) and to ensure they really do have to be thrown away.

The format of the letter is what's important

OK...

Hello,
How are you today and how is family and friends with you? Am writing you
to ask for the details of your car which i saw on autotrader UK car
selling website and i will be very happy if you can get back to me
yourself even if the details i asked for was stated in your advert but i
will need you to get back to me yourself for confirmation because i am
buying this car for a client and is better i have the full information
of the car from you. Below are the details of the car i will need to know.

Ownership of the car?

Working condition of the car?

Mileage of the car?

Asking price of the car?

Picture of the car?

Location of the car?

Please get back to me with this details ASAP so we can proceed further,
you can also ring me on +447024063504.

Cheers.

Old May 13th 10, 08:04 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-freebies,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
geoff geoff is offline

In message , F
writes
On 13/05/2010 19:12 geoff wrote:

In message , F
writes
They just keep coming! First it was

and now

Looks like if you're selling a car on Autotrader, this is what you can
expect.

Avoid any offers from these email addresses.

What's the point of listing throwaway email addresses

To make sure they get enough spam to annoy them (and make me feel
better) and to ensure they really do have to be thrown away.

Pretty pointless, IWHT

[...]

But they don't use such a format, do they ?

there seems to be a fairly standard format and modus operandi

--
geoff

Old May 13th 10, 09:03 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-freebies,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

On 13/05/2010 20:04 geoff wrote:

In message , F
writes
On 13/05/2010 19:12 geoff wrote:

In message , F
writes
They just keep coming! First it was

and now

Looks like if you're selling a car on Autotrader, this is what you can
expect.

Avoid any offers from these email addresses.

What's the point of listing throwaway email addresses

To make sure they get enough spam to annoy them (and make me feel
better) and to ensure they really do have to be thrown away.

Pretty pointless, IWHT

Probably, but it makes me feel happier...

[...]

That was a straight cut and paste and most have been pretty much identical.

Old May 16th 10, 08:44 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-freebies,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

On 16/05/2010 17:50 John Rumm wrote:

Email addresses posted in the body of usenet posts rarely attract
spam...

Really? That's a surprise.

In that case, the address of the latest -
- is probably not going to be picked up.