Old May 28th 10, 12:45 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.driving
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default 'Moto' Motorway Service Stations - 20% Discount for AA members

Just renewed my AA memnership and received the usual pile of advertising
junk inside the envelope.

However, check this!

"Save 20% on food, drink and other purchases at Moto, Burger King Moto,
Costa Moto, Moto Eat & Drink Co. and Moto Shop.

"Present your AA Membership Card at the counter for your discount."

Yeah, I know ye don't turn up at these places specially hoping for a
bargain - but at least the above will take the sting off having no other
immediate choice :-)

--
Adrian C

Old May 28th 10, 01:20 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.driving
GT[_2_] GT[_2_] is offline

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Just renewed my AA memnership and received the usual pile of advertising
junk inside the envelope.

However, check this!

"Save 20% on food, drink and other purchases at Moto, Burger King Moto,
Costa Moto, Moto Eat & Drink Co. and Moto Shop.

"Present your AA Membership Card at the counter for your discount."

Yeah, I know ye don't turn up at these places specially hoping for a
bargain - but at least the above will take the sting off having no other
immediate choice :-)

So you just need the card, or the accompanying leaflet. I have the card, but
didn't get the leaflet!

Old May 28th 10, 02:36 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.driving
Pete[_5_] Pete[_5_] is offline

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Just renewed my AA memnership and received the usual pile of advertising
junk inside the envelope.

However, check this!

"Save 20% on food, drink and other purchases at Moto, Burger King Moto,
Costa Moto, Moto Eat & Drink Co. and Moto Shop.

"Present your AA Membership Card at the counter for your discount."

Yeah, I know ye don't turn up at these places specially hoping for a
bargain - but at least the above will take the sting off having no other
immediate choice :-)

--
Adrian C

Except they charge 30% more to start with so you never win.

Old May 30th 10, 03:45 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.driving
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Adrian C wrote:

"Save 20% on food, drink and other purchases at Moto, Burger King Moto,
Costa Moto, Moto Eat & Drink Co. and Moto Shop.

"Present your AA Membership Card at the counter for your discount."

They used to have the same deal with the RAC. There are so many catches
that it makes it pointless to use. There's a minimum spend, you can't
use the discount on magazines, books or confectionery the Burger King
droids have never heard of it and refuse to give a discount.

Or you get the "should have shown your card before you put the stuff on
the counter" argument.

A total waste of time in my experience.
Old May 30th 10, 05:35 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.driving
JReynold JReynold is offline

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Just renewed my AA memnership and received the usual pile of advertising
junk inside the envelope.

However, check this!

"Save 20% on food, drink and other purchases at Moto, Burger King Moto,
Costa Moto, Moto Eat & Drink Co. and Moto Shop.

"Present your AA Membership Card at the counter for your discount."

Yeah, I know ye don't turn up at these places specially hoping for a
bargain - but at least the above will take the sting off having no other
immediate choice :-)

--
Adrian C

You will save more than your 20% by going with Tesco breakdown cover.
Far less than the AA and you get a real mechanic, not a sales person,
turning up to sort the car out. There is also no illegal sex discrimination
policy as operated by the AA. The advantage is that you get a local
mechanic to the area you are in and only wait around 30mins.
Save 220% by NOT going near the AA. Most people with common sense
know this already and don't bother with the AA which explains their fall
in share prices and membership.
Tesco use Green Flag.