Old October 12th 17, 04:42 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
The Real Bev[_6_] The Real Bev[_6_] is offline

Default No-frills b/w copier for copying checks and bills

On 10/11/2017 04:59 PM, John Weiss wrote:
On 10/11/2017 15:56, The Real Bev wrote:
Any recommendations?

I have a Brother all-in-one printer/scanner. My J6920DW is near the
upper end of their price range, but they have other very good units at
reasonable prices. Costco sells them, if you are a member.

I've had the cheapest Brother laser printer since 2009 and it's worked
flawlessly. Toner carts are ~$12 (ebay) and I just put in the second
full one. I would assume that their cheap 3-in-one would be just as
reliable.

My laser printer is also a Brother (HL-5370DW). It also was a more
expensive one (but still $200 7 years ago), because I need the
automatic duplexing. I've used 2 toner carts in 7 years.

Apparently the new cheapest ones are wireless and do auto duplexing.
Brother also gives you a linux driver! So does Samsung, but Canon
refuses to provide linux assistance for any of its products. I have a
nice Canon scanner, but I was really annoyed to find out that I HAD to
use windows; SANE provides some support, but not enough.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity