Old February 25th 06, 02:06 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Close electric shave without the extra frills?

I hate shaving with a blade. Always have. Don't like beards either.

I'm looking for an electric razor that has a very close shave (e.g. I'm
willing to spend more to get as close of a shave as I can), but the
frugal part is that I *don't* need:

* A rechargeable (corded is fine)
* Or any other features that don't actually contribute to a close shave

There are so many models out there at so many price points that I can't
tell what is bluster and what is not, e.g. lowest-end norelcos might do
so well, but on the high-end I imagine the shave probably isn't much
better than mid-range models (this is just a guess).

Used a Remington foil-type shaver years ago, then switched to a 3-blade
rotary as it seemed to give a closer shave.

I hate shaving (and beards) in general. So this is one area where I'd
be glad to overspend if it's worth the money.

What features actually matter regarding the closeness of the shave? And
what features are pointless? Finally, no offense, but I don't want to
hear about the electric razor anyone has owned for decades and loves,
please. Needs to be something that is currently on the market (e.g.
like at a Walmart). :-) Thanks in advance.

Old February 25th 06, 04:11 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Don K

wrote in message
oups.com...
Used a Remington foil-type shaver years ago, then switched to a 3-blade
rotary as it seemed to give a closer shave.

What features actually matter regarding the closeness of the shave? And
what features are pointless? Finally, no offense, but I don't want to
hear about the electric razor anyone has owned for decades and loves,
please. Needs to be something that is currently on the market (e.g.
like at a Walmart). :-) Thanks in advance.

The features that matter are the ones that work for *you*.
You've already have your answer.

You don't want to hear about me, but I've always been happy
with the cheapest Norelco.

Don

Old February 26th 06, 01:57 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Al Bundy

Aw Don, you had to go and break his rule and talk about a PAST success.
I use a 20 year old garage sale Norelco myself. The blades are self
sharpening, if you don't bend the foil. And I keep the old Remington
around as a backup.
To the OP: Please ignore our posts.

Old March 1st 06, 10:00 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected]

The features that matter are the ones that work for *you*.
You've already have your answer.

You don't want to hear about me, but I've always been happy
with the cheapest Norelco.

Don

Thanks Don. I've found the cheapest Norelcos haven't worked for me.
Never gave a close enough shave, and the blades seemed to get dull
fast. I'm willing to overspend if I can get a closer electric shave.
One of those things where I may set aside my frugality for a tad.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my post, although I don't know why
anyone would take offense to a 'lil 'ole USENET post about electric
razors. Whatever floats yer boats y'all. :-)

Old March 1st 06, 12:20 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
val189

Get a Braun - dh has one and the charge seems to last forever. He
bought it as a shaver servicing shop where the guy had a zillion models
to choose from.

Old March 1st 06, 03:27 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
rick++

If you can time your pruchases in December or June (before Fathers day)
you can get good discounts.