Old October 10th 17, 05:47 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] ggggg9271@gmail.com is offline

Default No-frills b/w copier for copying checks and bills

Any recommendations?

Old October 10th 17, 01:13 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Nosmo King[_2_] Nosmo King[_2_] is offline

wrote:

Any recommendations?

Best bet is to buy a cheap All-In-One printer for $30 or less.
Old October 11th 17, 01:58 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
catalpa catalpa is offline

wrote in message
Any recommendations?

Get a scanner from someone who doesn't use it and then print the scans on
your printer.

Or better yet, just scan the items and save the digital copy. Only print
when a paper copy is needed.

Old October 11th 17, 03:03 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Bob F Bob F is offline

On 10/9/2017 9:47 PM, wrote:
Any recommendations?

Get a old used laser all-in-one printer. Lasers cost way less than any
inkjet per page. Simple B&W one should handle what you need.
Old October 11th 17, 10:32 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
BigDog811 BigDog811 is offline

On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 12:48:01 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Any recommendations?

Generally speaking, copies of bills can be downloaded by logging onto your account with the company that issued them. Images of cleared checks can be downloaded from the bank they're drawn on. Just keep the digital files, as catalpa suggests. No reason to waste all the paper and ink/toner unless an issue arises.
Old October 11th 17, 10:48 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
ItsJoan NotJoann ItsJoan NotJoann is offline

On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 4:32:42 PM UTC-5, BigDog811 wrote:

Generally speaking, copies of bills can be downloaded by logging onto your account with the company that issued them. Images of cleared checks can be downloaded from the bank they're drawn on. Just keep the digital files, as catalpa suggests. No reason to waste all the paper and ink/toner unless an issue arises.

Best information yet from both you and catalpa. He'll probably will
never need the paper copy but he'll have it just in case.

Old October 11th 17, 10:54 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
John Weiss[_4_] John Weiss[_4_] is offline

On 10/11/2017 14:32, BigDog811 wrote:
On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 12:48:01 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Any recommendations?

Generally speaking, copies of bills can be downloaded by logging onto your account with the company that issued them. Images of cleared checks can be downloaded from the bank they're drawn on. Just keep the digital files, as catalpa suggests. No reason to waste all the paper and ink/toner unless an issue arises.

Any good all-in-one scanner will have PDF software included, so you can
"print" directly to PDF without using paper. If not, you can download
PDF Creator from pdfforge.org. It is free (decline the add-ons), and
installs as a printer driver, so you can 'print' to PDF anything you can
print to paper.

Old October 11th 17, 10:56 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
John Weiss[_4_] John Weiss[_4_] is offline

On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 12:48:01 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Any recommendations?

I have a Brother all-in-one printer/scanner. My J6920DW is near the
upper end of their price range, but they have other very good units at
reasonable prices. Costco sells them, if you are a member.
Old October 12th 17, 12:59 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living

On 10/11/2017 15:56, The Real Bev wrote:
Any recommendations?

I have a Brother all-in-one printer/scanner.* My J6920DW is near the
upper end of their price range, but they have other very good units at
reasonable prices.* Costco sells them, if you are a member.

I've had the cheapest Brother laser printer since 2009 and it's worked
flawlessly.* Toner carts are ~$12 (ebay) and I just put in the second
full one.* I would assume that their cheap 3-in-one would be just as
reliable.

My laser printer is also a Brother (HL-5370DW). It also was a more
expensive one (but still $200 7 years ago), because I need the
automatic duplexing. I've used 2 toner carts in 7 years.