Old September 23rd 05, 09:02 PM
korky

Default pc worlds web offers?

ordered some blank dvd's linked earlier on the BOGOF offer and 6odd cheaper
to boot (407686) , to collect in store,
went in today to pick up and they wont give them to me?
they said that the 8.80 offer was online online only, i asked why the hell
do they give the option to store pick up, then they decided that the web
only offer AND the bogof cannot be joined, and said i could have the BOGOF
if i paid the store price of 15
are they talking bollox?

just reordered at the same store and 2 others local to make sure!

my faith in the pc world staff was also made stronger when he asked me my
surname to look up the reservation code......mine begins with A, he typed H,
i told him its A and spelled it out to him,then....

pcw- "sorry, no orders placed"
me- "thats because you've still got it starting with H"
pcw- "oh, ok"
pcw-"sorry, still no reservations"
me-"erm, thats because my name starts with A, you've STILL got it with H"

.....k

Old September 23rd 05, 09:22 PM
Paulo De Souza

"korky" wrote in message
ordered some blank dvd's linked earlier on the BOGOF offer and 6odd
cheaper to boot (407686) , to collect in store,
went in today to pick up and they wont give them to me?
they said that the 8.80 offer was online online only, i asked why the
hell do they give the option to store pick up, then they decided that the
web only offer AND the bogof cannot be joined, and said i could have the
BOGOF if i paid the store price of 15
are they talking bollox?

just reordered at the same store and 2 others local to make sure!

my faith in the pc world staff was also made stronger when he asked me my
surname to look up the reservation code......mine begins with A, he typed
H, i told him its A and spelled it out to him,then....

Had the same thing today. I was going to make a post about it but seeing as
no replies to the original thread I thought I wouldn't bother.

Ok I went in and got the same thing "no 15 only".

Ask to see the manager... he was in a "meeting" so the guy asks me whats up
and says ok I believe you what we will do is check the site... Asks someone
else
to go help me out... manages to work out its 8.80.. goes back to the till.
Erm I cancelled the order as he wanted to see the manager!

Ok lets go back and order.... so go back to the site and order again. He
then says to me you want 2 not 1... NO I want one and ONE FREEE!

You cant get that free... erm yes... show him the page again... ok then.

Back at the till he had to go and create a discount for me. He did it under
a "discount manager offer".

So yeah it does work if you bug them but it took me like 20mins!

Paulo

Old September 23rd 05, 10:31 PM
alex

"Paulo De Souza" wrote in message
.uk...

"korky" wrote in message
[...]

i went in bexhill branch and got a 100 for 17.60
but one off them started saying it was wrong i did take a print out off
order page and offer page
but they gave then to me but did not like it

alex

Old September 23rd 05, 11:53 PM
Lorenzo

. ..

"korky" wrote in message
[...]

There is currently a problem with PC World and their TV advert IS misleading
as it suggests prices are the same on the Internet as in a shop. The shop
charges far more for goods, so I buy from the site instead and have it
delivered. The staff in my local store are well annoyed at this as they
feel the company is putting them out of a job by restricting the sales and
they are being forced to sell extended warranties etc.

Old September 24th 05, 01:51 AM
Tracym

"Lorenzo" wrote in message

. ..

"korky" wrote in message
[...]

I have bought 3 things (3 seperate times) over last 6 mth from PCW and not
had a problem, I used
York twice and stockton on tees once, Printed out my Slip off the website
and took it in, Guess I have been lucky so far.
Tracym

Old September 24th 05, 09:53 AM
korky

"Tracym" wrote in message

"Lorenzo" wrote in message

. ..

"korky" wrote in message
[...]

just snipped this off their T&C on web exclusives......

"All [email protected] sales take place in our stores and are subject to our
usual in store Terms and Conditions. However, provided you bring your
[email protected] print out and/or reference number with you, our store will
always honour the online price for the goods which was showing when you
chose to [email protected] - this may be cheaper than the usual in store price!"

just printed em out and try my luck again today!

.....k

Old September 24th 05, 01:18 PM
alex

"korky" wrote in message

"Tracym" wrote in message

"Lorenzo" wrote in message

. ..

"korky" wrote in message
[...]

just got back from pcworld i got another 100 dvd+rs
they did not like it but still gave them to me at the web price
take the tc and print out off offer and order page and they cannot get out
off it
they did say it was a web only offer but i showed them a few print outs
that say web offer but still have
[email protected] tick

alex

Old September 24th 05, 06:16 PM
korky

"alex" wrote in message

"korky" wrote in message

"Tracym" wrote in message

"Lorenzo" wrote in message

. ..

"korky" wrote in message
[...]

i popped back into the store which refused me yesterday along with a new ref
number and a print out of the T&C i posted earlier..........15 minutes wait
while he took the print outs into the office, came back with the blanks and
blamed the web team for cocking the offer, but manager will bill me the full
price for the 100 dvd's but discount it down to 19
a result in my book, although it proberly cost me 3.60 in fuel on the 2
trips,
i do wonder if those who ordered using their delivery service will get them
BOGOF?

.....k

BT Offers Free Caller Display Service Martin Moore Free stuff (UK only) 1 July 5th 05 08:02 PM
Currys - Free Delivery & Partner Offers Simon UK discounts & bargains 1 March 8th 05 11:37 PM
Mobile Phone Offers? [email protected] UK discounts & bargains 2 November 10th 04 08:12 AM
The Chinese Century KLM Frugal living 18 July 12th 04 08:11 AM
blackpool pleasure beach offers? [neil] Free stuff (UK only) 2 March 2nd 04 01:28 PM