Old May 28th 05, 07:36 PM
AMO

Default Panasonic SD253 Breadmaker with Nut Dispenser

A few months ago I posted to someone's replies on a breadmaker thread saying
that I didn't find that breadmakers made very good bread. As I was one of
the first to ever get a bread maker when they first started to appear on the
shopping channels, I decided to give it another go when the Panasonic one
that was recommended suddenly was on offer at Amazon:

I have to say that I am a lot more happier with this breadmaker. It makes
very good bread.

I still think that I like bread from supermarkets and local breadmakers
better. However, once factoring convinience this breadmaker is definately
worthwhile.

The nut dispenser is good as well. Don't use it for nuts, but I like
putting in mixed fruit! ;0)

AMO

Old May 28th 05, 09:01 PM
Martin Moore

I still think that I like bread from supermarkets and local breadmakers
better. However, once factoring convinience this breadmaker is definately
worthwhile.

try experimenting with different yeast, it makes a massive difference.

We've got the same machine, and are now using Harvest Gold yeast, *much*
better bread than anything you can buy in a supermarket :-)

Try varying the milk powder and sugar to get different texture on the bread
or a crisper crust.

Old May 28th 05, 09:09 PM
Martin Moore

BTW, the only place we've found to buy it locally is Morrisons