Old November 4th 03, 02:20 AM
Jayne Findhorn

Default Black & Decker breadmaker - can't disassemble it!

HELP! Are you a puzzle guru? You'll like this breadmaker that seems to
have been put together like a Gorgian Knot. I can't figure out a way
to open it!

There doesn't seem to be any service manual for the Black & Decker
"All-In-One Automatic Breakmaker" circa 1995 model B1550 Series out
there.

Any idea how this devious little machine is disassembled? I've
unscrewed all the obvious screws except for two screws that appear to
hold the cord caddy in the back. I've even unscrewed two non-standard
screws (flathead with a center blockage) by hammering, but this bread
machine won't come apart.

Other information:
There are no screws on the bottom.
The bottom cover won't come off by prying.
The motor is screwed to the bottom cover.

Why I'm repairing this Black Decker bread machine: The two bottom
"wings" on the motor that spin the pan's propeller have broken off and
I'd like to see if I can replace or bend it. It won't come off with a
little brute force, but it doesn't seem to be welded.

Old November 4th 03, 04:43 AM
Michael Black

Jayne Findhorn ) writes:
[...]

I have no idea about that machine. But are there any feet, that might
hide screws? Are there any metallic labels that hide an important screw?

I can't imagine something not having any screws, but often things are
held together by a combination of screws and plastic that latches.

When I tried to repair my twenty year old food processor (the on/off switch
is a unique type, and there's no replacement, so it sits there as I wonder
if I should put in a workaround), I had to break a bit of plastic in order
to get it open. I couldn't figure out how one bit came apart. I admit
I wouldn't have broken it except that this is a case of any fixing will
be better than tossing it out. But once I did have it apart, my remembrance
is that there was a logic to it all, so long as I knew the secret ahead
of time.

Poke around http://www.repairfaq.org I think there is some stuff there
about getting consumer equipment apart. It's the FAQ, really a big online
book, to go with the sci.electronics.repair newsgroup.

Michael