Old August 7th 03, 07:18 PM
Katherine

Default Vancouver, BC

I live in Vancouver, BC on 4th near Granville and would love to get
together a coffee group to discuss frugality in the city. I don't own
a car so prefer to meet somewhere close to 4th & Granville. Anyone
interested? Please email me directly.

Katherine

Old February 8th 04, 04:30 PM
chucklhead

I love Vancouver, I'd love to join you, but gotta get past that
immigration board first. Know anyone that would hire a good, educated,
hardworking, unemployed Texan?

Old February 9th 04, 06:20 AM
occupant

chucklhead wrote:

I love Vancouver, I'd love to join you, but gotta get past that
immigration board first. Know anyone that would hire a good, educated,
hardworking, unemployed Texan?

Well, Canada is looking for millions of hard working people to come to
this country. If you are currently unemployed it means you are
available! The immigration system works on points. Knowing President
Bush may or may not get you points depending on who the Prime Minster
is. Seriously, you should apply if you are interested. A criminal
record does not get you points but you probably know that. There are
lots of jojbs to be found in the service industries. Understand that
Vancouver has among the most expensive real estate in North American.
One of the most liveable cities but very expensive. I know a guy here
that is on a visitor's work permit from Australia and is getting it
renewed for another year and then will probably go for residency status
and he works in a warehouse. Like America, it is a great country only
smaller, much smaller.

Old February 9th 04, 06:34 AM
LoriMc

occupant wrote:
chucklhead wrote:

[...]

Not smaller, just less people.
I agree it is a lovely city, oneI have visited there several times.