Old March 4th 17, 05:03 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Puzzling computer problem & fix

On 3/3/2017 1:26 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/03/2017 05:36 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 3/2/2017 9:36 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

We had some warmish weather for the past two weeks, though now it's
cold
again, but spring can't be far off, and then garage sales. We
aren't the
lucky ones who have them all year around.

EXCEPT holiday weekends and weeks when it was assumed to rain on
Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Yard sales used to be a lot better when
people had to pay to put an ad in the paper. Now, since Craigslist is
free, people figure "Oh, I don't feel like getting up this morning,
let's do the sale next Saturday...". Even worse, they say "Corner of
Longden and Santa Anita" so enraged shoppers can't throw a brick through
their window if they drove tens of miles to a good-sounding sale only to
find NOTHING. Almost as bad -- the 'corner of' people don't put up a
sign, just figure you'll drive around the nearby area until you get
lucky.

I swear I'd laugh and applaud if I saw somebody else heave a brick
through their window.

Then there are the signs with no date. And the corresponding people that
never take their signs down. No date - no go.

And the signs on corners with tiny light letters -- suitable for
pedestrians, but NOT for drivers :-(

OTOH, if these people were smart they never would have bought stuff they
were willing to sell for 5 cents or less on the dollar!

Maybe they bought them at "5 cents or less on the dollar"

Old March 4th 17, 06:55 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers
The Real Bev[_6_] The Real Bev[_6_] is offline

On 03/03/2017 09:03 PM, Bob F wrote:
[...]

Unliikely; we tend to keep our **** until we die, at which time the
heirs pitch it into the dumpster or DAV truck.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Incontinence hotline, can you hold?"
Old March 23rd 17, 04:28 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers
[email protected] greg.peterson@colonialpenn.com is offline

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 15:25:50 -0500, Susan Bugher
wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:54 AM, KenK wrote:
I've gotten a lot of help here so thought this might help somene in the
future in return.

Yesterday morning couldn't type into programs with keyboard or start
programs from the bottom of the screen. Lots of other problems as well.
Rebooted several times. About ready to reinstall XP. For some reason tried
MS Word. First off it told me control key was down! Sure enough - stuck
halfway down. Pulled it up and all works again! Will switch to another
keyboard tomorrow before I boot up. I'd have never noticed it without
Word's help.

Dirty keyboard? Turn it upside down and bang it gently - if a lot of
debris falls out that may cure the problem. (Vacuuming keyboards
sometimes helps too.)

Susan

I wish I couold find the picture I took of a keyboard that kept having
keys stick. I cleaned it, and within a few days it would stick again.
Thats when I took it outside, set it on a post, tied it to the post with
bailing twine. Then I loaded my 22 Rifle, and shot that goddamn keyboard
at least 10 times. Thats when I took pictures of the remains of that
keyboard. I knew that no key would ever stick again, because every key
was blown off, and the cord was hanging from a shattered case and pieces
of circuit board.

I have to admit, it felt good blasting that ****er after it had ****ed
me off for weeks. The local Walmart had a new keyboard and for about $15
I was back online without fighting with that piece of **** keyboard.

Old March 24th 17, 10:51 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] Wilma6116@gmail.com is offline

wrote:

On 2/28/2017 8:54 AM, KenK wrote:
[...]

For every problem there is a gun. 'Murica!