Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 7th 17, 05:41 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] lenona321@yahoo.com is offline

Default MSN: "12 Tricks Con Artists Use to Win Your Trust"

I can't seem to copy and paste any of this, so here it is.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/s...id=mailsignout

Number 7 is pretty chilling - I might not have thought of it! After all, it's not too surprising when a product endorsed by a celeb doesn't do as well as the creator THOUGHT it would - but this is different. I don't think I heard of the Eiffel Tower scam, either. (That was in 1925.)

Btw, the article doesn't mention pigeon drop scams, but I read about that in a YA novel from 2002 - "See You Down the Road." I read about it again in "Tall Tales, Legends and Hoaxes" by Nat Segaloff, which I'm pretty sure is another title for an earlier book of his from 2001, since both books include the "laying the note" con from the 1973 Ryan O'Neal movie "Paper Moon."

Lenona.