Old May 1st 05, 07:13 PM
Paul

Default Bargain ??? - Freeview40gb PVR - 129.99

Any thoughts on the following freeview PVR currently on offer at Argos
Seems a good deal - 40gb, 7 day EPG, etc

None left on website, but my local stores had stock

Paul

Sagem PVR6240T digital terrestrial TV receiver/recorder.
532/0998

129
.99

a.. Digital Terrestrial Receiver/Recorder for Freeview offer.

b.. Twin Tuner that allows to watch and record two programmes
simultaneously.

c.. 40 GB integrated HDD to record up to 20 hours of programmes in
digital quality (both video and audio).

d.. Easy management of records.

e.. Time shifting and Instant replay features.

f.. Digital text services (Red button), DVB Teletext and DVB
subtitles.

g.. 7-day EPG (Electronic Programme Guide).

h.. 7 favourite lists.

i.. Parental control and channel lock.

j.. Receiver lock (by pin-code).

k.. Programme timer.

l.. On screen display.

m.. Auto setup.

n.. Auto tuning.

o.. Auto search tuning.

p.. Widescreen recording and playback.

q.. Still frame.

r.. On screen menu.

s.. Real time tape counter.

t.. 2 SCART sockets.

u.. 1 SCART lead.

Attached Images

Old May 1st 05, 09:04 PM
Dave Dixson

Any thoughts on the following freeview PVR currently on offer at
Argos
Seems a good deal - 40gb, 7 day EPG, etc

Check out this forum...

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/...d.php?t=213769

Seems quite good for the cash, but does have a few quirks.

Dave.

Old May 1st 05, 09:36 PM
Paul

Dave Dixson wrote:
Any thoughts on the following freeview PVR currently on offer at
Argos Seems a good deal - 40gb, 7 day EPG, etc

Check out this forum...

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/...d.php?t=213769

Seems quite good for the cash, but does have a few quirks.

Dave.

thanks Dave
interesting posts - might still give it a go now that I have one reserved

Regards

Hays
K700i, T630 & T610 Housings in stock now!!
www.phonepro.go.to

Old May 2nd 05, 06:51 PM
John Blundell

In article , John Kerr
writes
You can get the 80GB Humax 8000T for 130 so, no...not a bargain.

Don't forget that the Humax is single tuner, as I think the OP is
looking at a twin tuner jobby.

I've got the older 40GB Humax and would definitely recommend it.

Ditto.

--
John Blundell

Old May 2nd 05, 06:59 PM
Dave Dixson

One thing to note, though, is that you can only record from one of the
two tuners - you cant record two things at once. The 2nd tuner is just
so you can watch one channel whilst recording another (of course, if
you already have a second freeview box, you can do this anyway).
Still, looks like a bit of a b argain to me.

Dave.

Old May 3rd 05, 10:40 AM
DCA

"John Kerr" wrote in message
You can get the 80GB Humax 8000T for 130 so, no...not a bargain.

I've got the older 40GB Humax and would definitely recommend it.

Where can you buy it with 80Gb for this price then?

It has removed 2383 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!