Old April 30th 05, 06:24 PM
Stevie Boy

" Actually it looks like it is having a revamp. You can contact the owner
here... http://www.backstreet.demon.co.uk/frames_page_.htm

Steve

Cheers!

You're welcome, I didn't realise how old the link was. I had to scour all my
saved files for it. I nearly thought I hadn't saved the link Pity I found
the link to be broken after all the effort.... it was real useful.

Steve

Old April 30th 05, 09:20 PM
Max

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 13:51:38 +0100, "Stevie Boy"
wrote:

Got a link Steve?

The link is here http://www.backstreet.demon.co.uk/useful/filter.htm but
unfortunately it appears not to be working anymore.
The link is a few years old!
Looks like the host has changed name maybe someone can sort it out.

If you ever know a url and it's vanished or changed try going to
http://www.archive.org and putting it in there - there's often a
cached copy. In this case it turned up:

http://web.archive.org/web/200312261...ful/filter.htm

Old April 30th 05, 10:12 PM
Stevie Boy

If you ever know a url and it's vanished or changed try going to
http://www.archive.org and putting it in there - there's often a
cached copy. In this case it turned up:

http://web.archive.org/web/200312261...ful/filter.htm

Wonderful stuff. Thanks, very useful. Now saved and given link in
favourites.

Ta.

Steve

Old May 1st 05, 12:49 AM
altgrr

James wrote:
Cheapest found so far is 18 for 6. Can anyone else do better? TIA.

I bought a pack of three from my local Boots (Bracknell) for 5.15 (half
price) in the clearance section. They're the multi-fit ones that can
fit several brands of filter, not just Brita ones. No idea whether
they're end of line or whether they were just clearing out a few with
bashed-about boxes.
Old May 2nd 05, 10:59 AM
Mel

"Stevie Boy" wrote in message ...

If you ever know a url and it's vanished or changed try going to
http://www.archive.org and putting it in there - there's often a
cached copy. In this case it turned up:

http://web.archive.org/web/200312261...ful/filter.htm

Wonderful stuff. Thanks, very useful. Now saved and given link in
favourites.

Is this such a good idea though, the water softened through the regenerated filter will
contain sodium ions, and too much sodium is supposed to be bad for your health.

Quote from http://www.brita.co.uk/action/products/jugs/faqs/

12. What is the difference between a water softener and a water filter?
Water softeners are usually plumbed into the mains water system and are used to remove temporary hardness from the water to prevent
limescale build up in household appliances such as washing machines.

Water softeners do use a form of ion exchange resin but this is regenerated in the household using common salt (sodium chloride). In
this way the calcium ions in the temporary hardness are replaced with sodium ions, thereby increasing the sodium content of the
water. Due to the increased sodium it is not recommended that sodium softened water is used for drinking, cooking or food
preparation. A separate tap with untreated water should be provided.

Old May 2nd 05, 11:50 AM
Stevie Boy

Is this such a good idea though, the water softened through the
regenerated filter will
contain sodium ions, and too much sodium is supposed to be bad for your
health.

It's not perfect I agree and I think the chap also states that it does not
do a 100% job regenerating a cartridge which is why it should not be done to
many times. Any sodium created in the process of regenerating the cartridge
will to some extent get filtered through the reaction process of filtering
the water.

As yet I have to try this idea. I've saved quite a few cartridges and until
one actually gets around to experimenting I can't say if it works well or
not.

Steve

save $$$, drink Tap water (whenever possible) [email protected] Frugal living 11 March 26th 05 04:02 PM
Brita water filter cartridges mtwright6 UK discounts & bargains 3 June 22nd 04 08:17 PM
[Fwd: H2O] ben Frugal living 12 February 19th 04 12:50 AM
brita water filter cartridges cheapest place either online or high street?? «ADY»® UK discounts & bargains 21 January 12th 04 12:59 PM
Our church needs a water filter... SlugBug Frugal living 14 December 1st 03 04:20 AM