Old June 21st 07, 09:14 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
[email protected] yolandablock@gmail.com is offline

Default Helping Kids

My husband and I are living in South America and are trying to help
poor kids here. Please visit our website www.helpingchildrentoday.org
and send it to everyone you know. Any help is appreciated. Thank
you. Yolanda Block

Old June 21st 07, 11:28 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Sam Sam is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
My husband and I are living in South America and are trying to help
poor kids here. Please visit our website www.helpingchildrentoday.org
and send it to everyone you know. Any help is appreciated. Thank
you. Yolanda Block

Far too many charities about, with each thinking theirs is the most
important and only one.
Lots of people register a limited company as a charity to avoid tax. Take a
look at the income of some UK charities and the wages the directors and
other employees take. Some are a way of providing a good income based on
how guilty people can be made to feel to donate.

How often do you try to get in a shop and have a charity collector obstruct
you, or a person getting in the way in the street. How many are bogus. One
at my local B&Q was using a bucket to collect money and wearing no ID.

I don't agree with charities while people are taking money from the funds.
If *ALL* the money went where it should and people involved did it for free
then no problem. If they are that passionate about raising money they would
be helping out for free anyway, not demanding wages or taking a cut of the
income.

Unfortunately there are too many scams about.

Old June 21st 07, 11:35 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Tagged: Tiscali Idiot
Old June 22nd 07, 10:09 AM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Phil[_6_] Phil[_6_] is offline

"Sam" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
My husband and I are living in South America and are trying to help
poor kids here. Please visit our website www.helpingchildrentoday.org
and send it to everyone you know. Any help is appreciated. Thank
you. Yolanda Block

Far too many charities about, with each thinking theirs is the most
important and only one.

Indeed. But sadly most that get "official" approval are every bit as dubious
as scams.
Palestinian "charities" in paticular. Add to that "Amnesty International" -
all you're doing there is giving money to big-mouthed politically correct
types to assist islamic terrorists out of YOUR pocket.
I give to NSPCC & PDSA.