Old September 16th 04, 12:02 AM
The Slow Snail @___o

Default OT for breadmaker owners

Has anyone got a wholemeal bread recipe that works, but can be done on
a fast bake, or quick loaf option? Sick of waiting 3 and a half hours
for a wholemeal loaf (and thats the quick version as well)

Cheers!

Old September 16th 04, 12:09 AM
steeler

"The Slow Snail @___o" wrote in message
Has anyone got a wholemeal bread recipe that works, but can be done on
a fast bake, or quick loaf option? Sick of waiting 3 and a half hours
for a wholemeal loaf (and thats the quick version as well)

Cheers!

Never had a quick recipe that would rise properly. Suggest leaving it on a
timer before going to work/bed.

Old September 16th 04, 08:59 AM
Des

Could it have been steeler who typed:

|| "The Slow Snail @___o" wrote in message
||| Has anyone got a wholemeal bread recipe that works, but can be done
||| on a fast bake, or quick loaf option? Sick of waiting 3 and a half
||| hours for a wholemeal loaf (and thats the quick version as well)
||| Cheers!
|| Never had a quick recipe that would rise properly. Suggest leaving
|| it on a timer before going to work/bed.

I would agree, I have never had a lot of success with the fast bake setting.
so setting the timer overnight works for me to. Also I use a pizza dough
recipe to be ready when we get home from work, make the shape add the sauce
and into the oven, very quick and the kids love them.

Des

Old September 16th 04, 08:59 AM
Des

Old September 16th 04, 08:59 AM
Des

Old September 16th 04, 11:25 AM
hissing

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 00:02:01 +0100, The Slow Snail @___o wrote:

Has anyone got a wholemeal bread recipe that works, but can be done on
a fast bake, or quick loaf option? Sick of waiting 3 and a half hours
for a wholemeal loaf (and thats the quick version as well)

If it isn't rising you will probably need to tune the recipe, this will
mean either less salt, more sugar or more yeast (less salt is probably the
best way to start adjusting things) My girlfriend used to make lovely
bread when we were living much further inland and mine just always went
horribly wrong, but now we have moved and are living in a different area
about 10 miles away from the coast all of her attempts have become fairly
disastrous and mine are great )