Old May 12th 08, 10:02 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Steve Walker Steve Walker is offline

Default Solar powered charger

Palindrome wrote:
Dino M wrote:
My wife's friend has asked me if I can find a solar powered charger,
which she can plug her electric hair straighteners in to when she
goes camping. I have no idea if anything like this even exists, which is
why I am
asking on here, to see if anyone knows of anything like this.

I have found a solar powered battery charger, but her straighteners
are electric, so it is something that is able to supply power to an
electrical product.

I know it seems a silly question, but I said I would ask for her and
find out if it exists.

Depends on the model.

Some need 1kW at 240v - which is entirely impractical to power from a
solar powered battery charger.

Unless you hold it up a bit nearer to the sun, of course...