Old April 20th 18, 07:33 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Mintsim low cost cell phone service on Tmobile network

On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 10:15:01 AM UTC-4, wrote:
If anyone is looking for excellent low cost phone service, I recommend
Mintsim, which is a MVNO on the Tmobile network. How well it might
work for you of course depends on the Tmobile coverage in your expected
areas of use. For me it's working fantastic. They offer three plans,
all have unlimited voice and text:

2 MB 4g data $15/mth
5 MB $20
10 MB $25

Oops, correction, I meant GB, gigabytes. Sorry.

When you hit the limit the data rate slows, but continues unlimited.

The one catch is that those rates are when you pay for a year in advance.
Rates are higher if you choose to buy 3 or 6 months of service. They
have an introductory deal where you can get 3 months of service as a
new customer at the above rates.

I believe they still have a deal on Amazon where for $5 you can get
a trial kit. They give you two sims. The first you can use for 100 mins
of voice, 100 texts, 100MB of data to try it out. If you decide to
sign up, you use the second sim and they activate it. I think you
can also apply the $5 towards any of the regular plans at that time.
It's worked great for me. I'm getting 70 Mbits download speed at home
here in NJ, I've seen 170 Mbits at spots I've been in. A friend has
it in CA and got 200 Mbi