Old April 19th 18, 05:52 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Mintsim low cost cell phone service on Tmobile network

On 4/18/2018 3:00 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 04/18/2018 10:36 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 4/18/2018 8:28 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 04/18/2018 07:14 AM, wrote:
If anyone is looking for excellent low cost phone service, I recommend
Mintsim, which is a MVNO on the Tmobile network.¬* How well it might
work for you of course depends on the Tmobile coverage in your expected
areas of use.¬*¬* For me it's working fantastic.¬* They offer three plans,
all have unlimited voice and text:

2 MB 4g data¬* $15/mth
5 MB¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* $20
10 MB¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* $25

10 MB/month?¬* Are these bits or bytes?¬* You can use 10 Mbits¬* in a few
minutes.¬* I don't think you can do ANYTHING with 2 Mbits.

2 MB is $.10 of data on my PagePlus prepaid plan. An extra $10 for 8MB
does seem a little steep.

Are we sure that the OP quoted data in megabits or megabytes?¬* Some
people are really sloppy about B/b.

Freedompop gives you 200MBytes free every month after buying either the
$1 SIM or the $20 hotspot.¬* They have a newer hotspot, which might cost
more, but if you can get by with truly minimal usage AND are willing to
take the trouble to make sure you DON'T sign up for a monthly plan AND
are happy with their coverage, it's perfect.

2 megabits is nothing. 2 megabytes is darn close to nothing. Neither
seems likely here.

Alright, I looked it up -

"$15/MO
Reg. Price $23/mo