Old June 17th 16, 11:09 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living
The Real Bev[_6_] The Real Bev[_6_] is offline

Default how to catch a clever mouse?

On 06/17/2016 11:50 AM, Michael Black wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jun 2016, wrote:

I went lowei bought RESL KILL GLUE TARPS 2 I A BOX WE PUT THE TRAPS THE
LONG WAY UNDER THE KITCHEN SICK ON THE FLOOR AND WE WE GO ONE

I once caught a mouse.

It wsa in the basement, I went down to get something from the freezer and
I noticed a big ball of lint in the sink (that feeds the washing machine).
I pick it up, it moves, it's not lint. It's a mouse. Somehow got down
there, then couldn't get up the steep walls of the sink. I thought about
it, and got a jar, and got the mouse to climb in. I put a lid on it, went
outside, and let the mouse hop away. Though I figure he may have
immediately tried to get back into the house.

I used one of those little plastic tip-traps to catch one at work. I
gave the container to the maintenance guy, who took it outside and
either let it go or squashed it flat. I didn't want to know. Not my
problem.

My sister caught a mouse by leaving the lobster pot out overnight still
full of water. The mouse got in, and was found floating in the pot the
next day.

I favor the old-fashioned spring traps. First, you need to adjust it so
it has an almost-hair trigger -- they come from the factory with various
pressures due to ****-poor quality control. The best bait I found was a
small piece of fruit attached to the bait platform with a few windings
of thread and some peanut butter smeared over it. Place it right next
to a wall -- they like to run along the edges rather than out through
the middle of the room. If you're squeamish, put the trap in a small
paper bag. If you see a tail sticking out in the morning you can just
throw the whole thing away. Yeah, I know, they're reusable. But not by
me.

I once picked one up where the mouse had just been caught by the snout,
and he JUMPED. Sorry to say I inhumanely threw him into the trash
without administering any sort of coup de grace whatsoever. His dumb
luck for being born a mouse.

--
Cheers, Bev