Give a horn to an idiot and he'll blow the horn

Old May 6th 12, 07:27 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Mark Williams

Default Give a horn to an idiot and he'll blow the horn

"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
writes:

Now, placing an idiot in a car with a horn is invitation to dissonance
and chaos. Yesterday, I stopped on a dime when the light turned green
for cars, and before I knew it this idiot was blasting the horn at me
--not a toot-- but a disgusting long honk. I went, "YES SIR!" --it
was a lady-- and gave the military salute with plenty of fanfare. Yes,
sometimes you must make fun of an idiot with a horn.

NOTE: A HONK IS AN ACT OF BELLIGERENCE. A TOOT CAN BE ABUSIVE. WE
DON'T NEED MORE 'NOISE POLLUTION.'

There is a lady in the next town who gives a 10--15 second blast of her
car's horn practically every time she is behind me---whether it's on a
single/ dual carriageway, roundabout, stopped at red traffic lights or,
most recently, using the `straight ahead' lane to go straight ahead.

But the horn on her car is pretty weak (worn out?) and harmonious, so
it's no real bother. I'd prefer it if she didn't stare at my bottom the
whole time, though :-). It's probably not the best of examples to set
the ever-present children in her car's passenger seats, either...

--
Mark
Old May 7th 12, 11:53 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Probably just thinks you are a ****, that's all.

But the horn on her car is pretty weak (worn out?) and harmonious, so
it's no real bother. I'd prefer it if she didn't stare at my bottom the
whole time, though :-).

Probably difficult not to. You appear to be a complete arse most of the
time.

University
Old December 11th 12, 03:58 PM
Joshuarivera Joshuarivera is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Williams View Post
writes:

Now, placing an idiot in a car with a horn is invitation to dissonance
and chaos. Yesterday, I stopped on a dime when the light turned green
for cars, and before I knew it this idiot was blasting the horn at me
--not a toot-- but a disgusting long honk. I went , "YES SIR!" --it
was a lady-- and gave the military salute with plenty of fanfare. Yes,
sometimes you must make fun of an idiot with a horn.

NOTE: A HONK IS AN ACT OF BELLIGERENCE. A TOOT CAN BE ABUSIVE. WE
DON'T NEED MORE 'NOISE POLLUTION.'

There is a lady in the next town who gives a 10--15 second blast of her
car's horn practically every time she is behind me---whether it's on a
single/ dual carriageway, roundabout, stopped at red traffic lights or,
most recently, using the `straight ahead' lane to go straight ahead.

But the horn on her car is pretty weak (worn out?) and
Peimar led harmonious, so
it's no real bother. I'd prefer it if she didn't stare at my bottom the
whole time, though :-). It's probably not the best of examples to set
the ever-present children in her car's passenger seats, either...

--
Mark

Thats not the right way to do. Lady is going wrong way

Last edited by Joshuarivera : December 12th 12 at 09:37 AM.